Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the better defensive fighter Floyd Mayweather Jr. or Pernell Whitaker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pernell...

Comment

Originally posted by tjones1989 View Post
      Who on floyds resume is the equal of a julio cesar Chavez?

Not only prime Chavez but a prime De La Hoya, prime Trinidad and a prime Azumah Nelson.

Who's the best prime fighter Mayweather's fought?

Comment

Chico. Smh...........

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
        Not only prime Chavez but a prime De La Hoya, prime Trinidad and a prime Azumah Nelson.

Chico! Smh. This poll will separate the REAL knowledgeable fans and boxing fanatics from the FAKE.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post

You are holding it against Floyd that ODH and others refused to fight floyd when they were prime. That doesn't seem right.

Perhaps if he wasn't as good defensively maybe ODH would've fought him earlier.

Comment

Whitaker by a long shot.........

Sweet Pea and it's not even close. You couldn't consistently hit Pea with any one punch. Not a jab, hook, straight, or body punch. And he did it against THE BEST! Floyd on the other hand, has fought B Level guys his entire career. Oscar, Cotto, Shane, and Manny were all passed it A Level guys. However, I think Manny had enough in the tank to out land Floyd. Out counter Floyd. Out defend Floyd as well. He beat Floyd. Anyway, Floyd is susceptible to a good jab. He gives you his body. He doesn't have the best legs either. He is a lateral defender, all upper body. He relies on superior reflexes to defend against shots thrown at him. Is that impressive? Yes. Is he a unique defender? Yes. Is he one of the greatest defensive fighters, ever? Yes. I rate Willie Pep 2nd to Whitaker and have Floyd at number 3. When Floyd fought De La Hoya, he was in his prime and Oscar made it very close. He couldn't miss Floyd with the jab and then he gassed out. A prime Oscar beats Floyd 10 out of 10 times! When Pea fought Oscar, Oscar was in his prime and I think Pea beat him by a point, because of the knock down. That right there, shows you who the better defender is/was. Whitaker was 33 yrs old and on drugs against Oscar and Trinidad. Smh. They still couldn't dominate him. He had success against both. He even managed to hurt Trinidad! Floyd is a great fighter and HOF'mer but he isn't a LEGEND or ATG. When you really break his career down and compare it with true legends, he is overrated and his career isn't all that impressive. Money wise it is. But those guys were made of a different type of toughness, man. And skill! Do you think Floyd would've even fought a prime Trinidad? Oscar? Quartey? Vargas? Terry Norris? Chavez Sr? SRL? Even Canelo without a catch weight? Because I KNOW he wouldn't. He's not this tough guy his fans try and make him. He won't even leave Vegas. Smh. ALL greats fight outside of places they feel comfortable. ALL except TBE. Smh. End thread!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sweet Pea by a mile

Comment

Floyd is the better defensive boxer and Whitaker is the better overall boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Oh is that so?

Please share that with the world because I'm not sure if you're aware well clearly you aren't aware but there is no footage of Charley Burley except highlights of his fight with Oakland Billy Smith.
                  That's actually not true and I will share my footage next month as I said before, and even if it was, that's still footage which you could probably find on youtube. Regardless, my point(s) still stand.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                    Chico! Smh. This poll will separate the REAL knowledgeable fans and boxing fanatics from the FAKE.

***in lol, TBE doe.

Comment

• How you can say either guy has a far better defence than the other is beyond me. The poll is unsurprisingly very close, reflecting how closely matched their defence is.

Comment

Working...
                      X