No announcement yet.

Sam Watson Confirms 3 Fighters In Mayweather Sweepstakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Well that's what i was getting at thinking he might be joking but isn't Berto a Haymon fighter?

If he wasn't serious, it's almost like making fun and disrespecting a fighter they work with...so that's why i think he might actually be serious
    Berto's Haymon through and through. I didn't interpret anything Sam's says as being disrespectful, its definitely OTT "BIG BLACK, STRONG, BERTO" lol, but as long as they don't announce Brook and then clown Berto after the fact, they'd be no problem.

In fact mentioning Berto in the Floyd sweepstakes is already doing wonders for Berto's brand. Whether he gets the call or not his next fight will get a bump in numbers. You have to go back to the beginning of the decade to find the last time Berto was this relevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
      Why am I talking about a boxer in a boxing forum! WTF!!!
      Floyd is a boxer that boxes in boxing dumb*ss!
      As a boxing fan first, I would think you'd be discussing something other than a rumor about Floyd. My mistake.

The sport needs more fans like you.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        They are.

Mayweather-Berto is more like Vitali Klitschko-Manuel Charr.

Maybe a little better than that.
        Bad Comparison.

We didnt know it was Vitali's last fight before it happened.

I would expect a little more from a bonafide ATG, wouldn't you?

I still think (and hope) it's not true though.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          As a boxing fan first, I would think you'd be discussing something other than a rumor about Floyd. My mistake.

The sport needs more fans like you.
          Are we talking about the same thread were you're posting...
          If you could get a bit of Floyd bone marrow you'd probably mix it with your favorite lotion and jerk off. :wank:
          Last edited by torosboxing75; 07-15-2015, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Danny Garcia is the third choice. Yes i'm aware he fights August 1st, however he'll go right back to camp after Malignaggi.

Comment

• Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
              Are we talking about the same thread were you're posting...
              If you could get a bit of Floyd bone marrow you'd probably mix it with your favorite lotion and jerk off. :wank:
              Your 1st sentence is a little incoherent. Did you mean where you're posting? ************ is not a topic for a boxing board.

I see this as a stay busy fight to get to #50, if it is in fact Berto. I wanted some one else. I am not getting it.

Just like you will watch Cotto/canelo even though you wanted something else, I will watch this even though I wanted something else.

I've literally watched 2,500 boxing cards live on TV or in person. Roughly 45 of them have been Floyd fights-less than 2%. If you feel that makes me a Floyd fan over being a boxing fan, ok.

Now you keep being a boxing fan first!
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 07-15-2015, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post

Berto and Amir are mentioned. Who could the third be?
                Wow! A new revelation from Sam Watson! Stop the presses!!!!!

Comment

• Floyd is gonna fight BOTH Andre Berto and Amir Khan on the same night!! Retire with the 50th win after all!! TBE Baby!! TBE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    Bad Comparison.

We didnt know it was Vitali's last fight before it happened.

I would expect a little more from a bonafide ATG, wouldn't you?

I still think (and hope) it's not true though.
                    Like I said to the other guy; I thought that was labelled as his farewell fight? I'm sure it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      Your 1st sentence is a little incoherent. Did you mean where you're posting? ************ is not a topic for a boxing board.

I see this as a stay busy fight to get to #50, if it is in fact Berto. I wanted some one else. I am not getting it.

Just like you will watch Cotto/canelo even though you wanted something else, I will watch this even though I wanted something else.

I've literally watched 2,500 boxing cards live on TV or in person. Roughly 45 of them have been Floyd fights-less than 2%. If you feel that makes me a Floyd fan over being a boxing fan, ok.

Now you keep being a boxing fan first!
                      The difference is I don't get on every Cotto thread to defend him the way you do Floyd. It really shows how butt hurt you get when someone talks about him.
                      You should really think about getting help for your sick obsession with him.......... Is this you Ellerbe?

Comment

Working...
                      X