Sam Watson Confirms 3 Fighters In Mayweather Sweepstakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Because it's his last fight.

It's his farewell, his swan song, his leaving party.

I've watched Floyd Mayweather fight top guy after top guy for over 15 years.

He just beat the guy he's scared to death of in the richest fight in history.

I do not care less who he fights for his last fight.
    What? Why does the choice of opponent for the last fight not matter? I'll never understand you guys being behind this choice.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
      Floyd/Berto is worse than Manny/Algieri and Canelo/Kirkland put together easily. How is this even a question?
      They are.

Mayweather-Berto is more like Vitali Klitschko-Manuel Charr.

Maybe a little better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Calling it like you see it would be fine accept you see things differently on HBO than you do on any other network.

There is no way you actually think Floyd/berto is worse than kov/caparello, many/algieir or GGG/Monroe. It is probably equal to Canelo/Kirkland but Kirkland was off for 17 months prior.

I thought you were a boxing fan?
        I thought you were a boxing fan. Who cares about networks. I just want to see the best fight the best. You just want to defend Floyd in every thread. And no, non of those is worse then Floyd versus Berto. I've even said several times in different threads I wanted my boy Cotto to fight GGG not Canelo or anybody else. I'm not here to defend fighters and protect them from real threats. That's your job.

Comment

What? Why does the choice of opponent for the last fight not matter? I'll never understand you guys being behind this choice.
          Because it's a farewell fight. He's concluding his contractual obligation with an easy fight. Why not? He's fought everyone he's supposed to be scared of. He's won like 15 belts now, beaten ten #1 ranked guys. Nothing left to do.

If he'd fought Khan in his last fight I'd agree with you. But he just beat Pacquaio in the richest fight ever. He's the #1, #2 and #3 biggest fights ever. This last one is meaningless.

Comment

Floyd/Berto is worse than Manny/Algieri and Canelo/Kirkland put together easily. How is this even a question?
            Because his word turns to **** when it comes to defending Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              They are.

Mayweather-Berto is more like Vitali Klitschko-Manuel Charr.

Maybe a little better than that.
              I agree with that comparison. At least in Vitali's case, he was planning to fight his mando Stiverne until he had to pull out for injury IIRC.

Comment

I agree with that comparison. At least in Vitali's case, he was planning to fight his mando Stiverne until he had to pull out for injury IIRC.
                Really? I didn't know that.

If I recall correctly that Charr fight was labelled a farewell fight and his last fight?

Unless I'm mistaken? But I'm sure it was.

I don't recall Vitali ever being signed to fight Stiverne Infact I don't remember them being in talks.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
                  I thought you were a boxing fan. Who cares about networks. I just want to see the best fight the best. You just want to defend Floyd in every thread. And no, non of those is worse then Floyd versus Berto. I've even said several times in different threads I wanted my boy Cotto to fight GGG not Canelo or anybody else. I'm not here to defend fighters and protect them from real threats. That's your job.
                  I watch all the fights, regardless of networks. I watch mismatches regardless of networks. I don't discriminate against either.

If that's what you want to see, then why didn't you complain when those fights were made? Your actions do not match your claims.

Saying you want cotto to fight GGG over Canelo is fine, but not complaining about poor quality fights on one network and not others, which is what we are discussing, is something completely different.

So again, if as a boxing fan you only want the best fighting the best, why are you selective in your criticism when this doesn't happen?

Comment

No it isn't. Added its a farewell fight (although I doubt it). Check the list I put in this thread of other farewell fights.

IMO its a stay busy fight, designed to get Floyd an "exciting" ko/tko and drum up interest in whatever #50 fight is.

Posters like you keep writing you want more "exciting" fights that end in KO's. Ok here is one that looks to be just what you want.

Comment

• Typical Floyd ******s defending this trash, I thought his opponent knew he got the fight? Even when fighting c level guys Floyd needs every tactic to impede them.

Comment

Working...
                      X