Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto's style could cost him a career ending beating at the hands of Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually think this fight will be a turning point for Canelo after he loses. I predict that after the fight, he and Oscar will get him together a whole new team and corner, with a proper strength and conditioning coach. Then we will see Canelo blossom into a better fighter. It will be one of those losses that makes a fighter better.

After Cotto beats Canelo, he'll probably have a rematch with Floyd and then retire, win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Science View Post
      Cotto's flat footed, come forward style would cost him a career ending beatdown at the hands of Canelo Alvarez. Unless Cotto trys to move and box like he did in Margarito 2, Cotto is going to get combination-ed to death and it will be very bloody, with his son crying on the audience.
      You don't know **** about no Boxing! Usted no sabe ni un ****ing carajo de el Boxeo!

Comment

Cotto is not flat-footed. He is very sound and technical as of late. Cotto if for any reason will lose the fight because Canelo's strength.

I love Canelo, but this is a troll thread. Decent trolling but not upper echelon.

Comment

Lol this should have been a poll thread too so we could again have a landslide vote against the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            Cotto is far from flat footed but I will say that I would be shocked if Cotto can move for 12 rounds and avoid standing in front of Canelo.

See the thing is, when you watch 2 boxers vs Canelo (Lara and Mayweather) both took different approaches.

Lara moved, but he wasn't effective in his counters with the exception of the jab and a few crosses. Of course Canelo failed to catch him in that fight but I believe the judges saw that at least Canelo was being the aggressor while Lara was just running.

Mayweather though, showed why he's the best lb 4 lb fighter in the world. He moved, but also stood in front of Canelo and countered beautifully landing hard, crisp clean shots for 12 rounds.

Can Cotto do that? I don't think so, eventually Cotto is going to find his way in front of Canelo and that's not a place he wants to be. One of the punches Cotto is most susceptible to is the uppercut and that might be Canelo's best punch. Especially off the jab counter.

Cotto has a great jab, one of the best in the sport IMO, but I just don't see him sticking and moving for 12 rounds too keep Canelo off of him. We will see, I'm leaning towards Canelo IF he comes in with the right game plan of aggression. If he stands and boxes with Cotto, he will make it a more difficult fight than it needs to be for him.
            Canelo will not pressure Cotto for 12 rounds. He (canelo) does not have the STAMINA or the FOOT WORK or ability to CUT the RING on Cotto. Sorry, it will not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTainoCanelo View Post
              Didn't Trout humiliate Chocha in his own backyard?

Yet, King Taino Canelo played with Trout and made him do the Booty Dew.

Kneeguel Chocha will have flashbacks of Margarito, Pacquiao, Mosley, Mayweather, Clottey, Trout, and Judah all over again.

I see Chocha flying out-of-the-ring just like his buddy, Kermit.
              Originally posted by KingTainoCanelo View Post
              It's gonna be a good Saturday, too. All the maricones are gonna go into hiding mode. I can't wait.

King Taino Canelo is gonna give the maricon an ass whopping.

Hail King Taino Canelo!
              Dumb asz Gologchit ALT has been exposed. What, not enough bs threads to post your tripple can" stupidity, with his i only fight cans and taco vendors resume?

Tripple duck is the only individual who utilizes that language in boxing scene.

Go trash some other thread with your ignorant posts.

Red K!

Comment

I would love to see Cotto get finished in the ring -- career-ending sounds good. Brain damage, heart breaking, sickening damage. Hell yes. I'm sick of him. I don't think Canelo has the stuff to do it, though. And Cotto isn't flat footed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  Yea I mean, that was weird him saying he couldn't get him out of there. I wanted the fight stopped because after round one I realized that Angulo looked like he was throwing punches under water while Canelo looked to be on 5 espressos.
                  CaneLOL bandwagoner's still hyping his fights vs Angulo and Kirkland.

Angulo who has absolute zero footwork, zero head movement, zero defense, zero ring IQ, slower than my dead grandmother, and looked like got paid just to pitty-pad caneLOL. Versus Kirkland who lost over 50lbs in 8 weeks and was weight drained and has zero chin and zero endurance who could not carry any power behind his punches due to the drainage. Not to mention his 2 years of inactivity! lol! Only in Mexico you can see such of blind bandwagoner and hyping.

Andale, andale caneLOL chiguagua!!!

Comment

Cotto used A LOT of movement against Geale. I dont think he could keep up that activity level for 12, I believe he would tire.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                      Canelo will not pressure Cotto for 12 rounds. He (canelo) does not have the STAMINA or the FOOT WORK or ability to CUT the RING on Cotto. Sorry, it will not happen.
                      Cotto dont have the stamina to move for 12 rounds either. Not effectively

Comment

Working...
                      X