Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto's style could cost him a career ending beating at the hands of Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto's style could cost him a career ending beating at the hands of Alvarez

Cotto's flat footed, come forward style could cost him a career ending beatdown at the hands of Canelo Alvarez. Unless Cotto trys to move and box like he did in Margarito 2, Cotto is going to get combination-ed to death and it will be very bloody, with his son crying on the audience.
    Last edited by Science; 08-06-2015, 11:58 AM.

He's been moving under roach

Comment

I stopped reading at flat footed. You guys are so quick to try and label fighters because you do not know what you are looking at. Cotto is not and has never been flat footed, in fact I think he has better feet than Canelo. Just because you don't move your feet like Pacquiao or Mayweather doesn't mean you are flat footed. Cotto has good footwork when moving forward or backward, his feet are not what you call 'fast' but he is far from flat footed.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        I stopped reading at flat footed. You guys are so quick to try and label fighters because you do not know what you are looking at. Cotto is not and has never been flat footed, in fact I think he has better feet than Canelo. Just because you don't move your feet like Pacquiao or Mayweather doesn't mean you are flat footed. Cotto has good footwork when moving forward or backward, his feet are not what you call 'fast' but he is far from flat footed.
        This is correct

Good post

Comment

Yep, what this guy said

Comment

He his flat footed and slow when moving forward because he plants his feet to try and get power into his shots.

Comment

I stopped reading at flat footed.
              This guy knows boxing.

Comment

Here comes PENISCRUSHA to the rescue im 3 2 1

Comment

Funny, the one that actually has poor footwork and lead feet is Canelo...

Cotto is far from a flat-footed plodder. When he pressures, he is excellent at cutting off the ring and getting positioning with his jab and hook. I can't wait until Cotto takes Canelo to school. Canelo looks to have the ability to be special, but with his lazy habits, inept corner, and surrounded by "yes men", he's not progressing.

Comment

Flat footed? Do you even watch his fights? His movement is tight. It will be a hard fight for Canelo but I give him the slight edge against Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                    X