No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Jabs Ward, Froch and Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T18Z View Post
    Isn't it obvious? The quotes are controversial/provocative, making them much more likely to get the writer of the story more hits and views.

For someone who spends his life on this site day in and day out you're pretty dumb.
    They seem pretty specific quotes and if he wanted to make up lies to be controversial, he could have gone a lot further.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
      I wonder what happened if a great heavyweight prospect, a new Mike Tyson came up in the Scene! I guess he would be avoided like the Plaque and never get a title-shot. Even in the 80s guys were afraid of Tyson, in this era it would be even worse and Tyson would only get bums in the ring.
      Depends

A young Mike Tyson with strong backing, by his promoter and a TV partner, does about what Tyson ended up doing; with the financial backing in hand, Team Tyson would be able to put up the money required to make pretty much any fight. Showtime put $3m behind the Stiverne-Wilder card and Wilder's handlers likely easily had $5m-$10m in Wilder to get him to that point.

For whatever reason Golovkin, the fighter you seem to want to create this arc for, is unwilling to take short money to get a meaningful fight (Floyd Mayweather took the short end of a 75/25 split, with Oscar De la Hoya dictating every term possible, to get his opportunity.

HBO is now up to putting $2m behind Golovkin's cards; Daniel Geale picked up $600k to come over for his fight.

You give Team Tyson $2m to make a card, and they put up the money to make the offer "too good to refuse".

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Depends

A young Mike Tyson with strong backing, by his promoter and a TV partner, does about what Tyson ended up doing; with the financial backing in hand, Team Tyson would be able to put up the money required to make pretty much any fight. Showtime put $3m behind the Stiverne-Wilder card and Wilder's handlers likely easily had $5m-$10m in Wilder to get him to that point.

For whatever reason Golovkin, the fighter you seem to want to create this arc for, is unwilling to take short money to get a meaningful fight (Floyd Mayweather took the short end of a 75/25 split, with Oscar De la Hoya dictating every term possible, to get his opportunity.

HBO is now up to putting $2m behind Golovkin's cards; Daniel Geale picked up $600k to come over for his fight.

You give Team Tyson $2m to make a card, and they put up the money to make the offer "too good to refuse".
        Recent Ggg fights had a 1.5m budget. But even if 2m, thats nowhere enough to get a name scalp. Ggg signed for under 30% for Chavez, and Hearn never complained about Gggs financial demands fir Froch

Comment

• Sad as hell Boxingscene does not check stuff before posting it

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            So Ward didn't duck in the amateurs and he didn't duck 3 times now in negotiations? Good to hear.

I like Loeffler, he seems like a straight shooter. It's some of GGG's fans that act like idiots.
            Some of them are idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              Sad as hell Boxingscene does not check stuff before posting it
              TMZ stuff is been posted here. Everything for the clicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Recent Ggg fights had a 1.5m budget. But even if 2m, thats nowhere enough to get a name scalp. Ggg signed for under 30% for Chavez, and Hearn never complained about Gggs financial demands fir Froch
                Honestly doubt that Golovkin was ready to take 30% for the Chavez fight (Chavez Jr's lawyer, in his rant against what Arum was saying about Chavez not taking a good offer, openly mentioned both Chavez and Golovkin getting $2m for the fight, with any of the upside money on Chavez's side only kicking when the PPV revenue went beyond $12m).

[note: Golovkin-Monroe had Golovkin earning a disclosed $1.5m purse, with the complete doubleheader having disclosed purses totaling 1.85m. You add that the Golovkin-Geale fight had a main event that split 1.35m (Golovkin $750k, Geale $600k) and I'd think it'd be fair to say that Golovkin has been beyond the $1.5m budget for a while].

Ward-Golovkin is a fight that can and should be made; with $2m-$3m from HBO for the US rights, the proceeds from the live gate (Ward put near 10k people into Oracle and Golovkin put 12k people into The Forum, therefore a sizable crowd at Staples Center would make sense), the German TV money, the UK TV money, and the other international TV rights money (Canada/Mexico), you've got a nice little pot of money put together.

Neither guy is going to make astronomical money, but Team Golovkin, if they truly wanted the fight, could offer Ward $2m, offer Golovkin $500k + upside on the event, and make a go of it. Depending on how long they have to build the fight and how involved HBO is in building the fight, Golovkin could have a chance at facing off against the #2 p4p fighter on the planet, while also taking home $1m with him.

If he were to somehow win, he'd have a massive scalp on his resume, HBO could sell him as this boogeyman with some legitimacy, and he'd be a star (p4p best fighter, just as Floyd was exiting the sport, with a reputation for stopping guys is a pretty strong drawing position).

All off of taking the short money on one fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  Honestly doubt that Golovkin was ready to take 30% for the Chavez fight (Chavez Jr's lawyer, in his rant against what Arum was saying about Chavez not taking a good offer, openly mentioned both Chavez and Golovkin getting $2m for the fight, with any of the upside money on Chavez's side only kicking when the PPV revenue went beyond $12m).

[note: Golovkin-Monroe had Golovkin earning a disclosed $1.5m purse, with the complete doubleheader having disclosed purses totaling 1.85m. You add that the Golovkin-Geale fight had a main event that split 1.35m (Golovkin $750k, Geale $600k) and I'd think it'd be fair to say that Golovkin has been beyond the $1.5m budget for a while].

Ward-Golovkin is a fight that can and should be made; with $2m-$3m from HBO for the US rights, the proceeds from the live gate (Ward put near 10k people into Oracle and Golovkin put 12k people into The Forum, therefore a sizable crowd at Staples Center would make sense), the German TV money, the UK TV money, and the other international TV rights money (Canada/Mexico), you've got a nice little pot of money put together.

Neither guy is going to make astronomical money, but Team Golovkin, if they truly wanted the fight, could offer Ward $2m, offer Golovkin $500k + upside on the event, and make a go of it. Depending on how long they have to build the fight and how involved HBO is in building the fight, Golovkin could have a chance at facing off against the #2 p4p fighter on the planet, while also taking home $1m with him.

If he were to somehow win, he'd have a massive scalp on his resume, HBO could sell him as this boogeyman with some legitimacy, and he'd be a star (p4p best fighter, just as Floyd was exiting the sport, with a reputation for stopping guys is a pretty strong drawing position).

All off of taking the short money on one fight.
                  Lol man, youre a comedian. Stop it, youre killing ne. Ggg taking 500k despite superior drawing power, Ward taking 2m when he wanted that for bums like Smith and Sartison. Then the Chavez thing: youve been told repeatedly Chavez was offered 7m, Ggg 2.5. Chavez' manager confirmed it. Just gtfo with your bull****

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    Lol man, youre a comedian. Stop it, youre killing ne. Ggg taking 500k despite superior drawing power, Ward taking 2m when he wanted that for bums like Smith and Sartison. Then the Chavez thing: youve been told repeatedly Chavez was offered 7m, Ggg 2.5. Chavez' manager confirmed it. Just gtfo with your bull****
                    Golovkin wants an opponent right? And, if Golovkin such the superior draw that you claim him to be, he can put 18k people into Staples Center, making his own money on the upside of the event. (Floyd was willing to take the same risk on his fight, offering to put himself $60m in the whole before even selling a single ticker; what's $2.5m for a star as big as Golovkin).

Chavez Jr owed Top Rank Inc one fight; there's no use in continuing to use the amount offered had Chavez Jr accept having his contract extended with Top Rank Inc again. Only a non-thinking person would see your half-truth and run with it.

Because what your saying is probably news to Team Chavez Jr. They had an offer to finish off the last fight on their Top Rank Inc deal for $7m and didn't take it? source or GTFOH

Comment

• Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                      CoWard has TURNED THE FIGHT DOWN 3 TIMES! It's Gennady's fault doe.

And you all ask yourselves why Gennady is considered the GREATEST fighter of all time already?? These quotes are why:

"I will fight anyone my weight or even the weight above and below. Floyd Mayweather or Carl Froch would probably be the best fights for me now. Both seem to be making excuses not to fight me unfortunately."

"Andre Ward turned down a fight with me three times to HBO! He knows the truth and only excuses are from him. He even avoided me in Olympics by changing weight. Maybe he heard I would fight at 168."

"It is frustrating that very few fighters are prepared to get in the ring with me. I can only beat those in front of me. Certain fighters use my name with no intention of fighting me. That is frustrating as they are all talk."

**** I love Golovkin and would go to war with him anyday. Id even take out my shooting range guns and get into a street shootout for GGG ANY ****ING DAY.

This is the BEST FIGHTER OF ALL TIME. PERIOD. I don't give a flying **** what you say. EVERYBODY IS AVOIDING HIM> GET IT IT THRU UR ****ING HEADS!!! It's ridiculous. [IMG]http://www.africahunting.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies.original/w-*******-pump.gif[/IMG]

FROCH, WARD, MAYWEATHER, COTTO, CANELO <<< COWARDS. LOW LIE POOSY ASS BISHES. PERIOD.
                      I completely agree

Comment

Working...
                      X