No announcement yet.

In terms of levels - Amir Khan>Adrien Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    cortez allowed khan to push maidana consistently, which is illegal. he also broke them quickly several times in those final rounds. he turned his back several times in the 10th, and cortez would just jump in and bail him out. maidana was putting him on the ropes and doing damage. those illegal tactics, and cortez bailing him out, were his main forms of defense agains the combinations. the other one was fighting back. he very well could have been stopped if he wasn't allowed to do anyting illegal, didn't get help from the ref, and had to fight his way off the ropes. at that stage, when he'd slowed down, he'd be vulnerable when maidana forced him to fight. it's absolutely conceivable that khan would have been stopped with legitimate enforcement of the rules.

you guys are biased, and don't have a high level of understanding of boxing, which is fine. you think carl froch is a great fighter, and the best SMW of the era. you're like children in our eyes.

and here's the "flash knockdown,"
    guys look to their corners and tell them they're OK after getting up looking shaky. standard procedure.

broner could absolutely shatter khan's baby chin. i don't think he would, but he definitely could.

I was annoyed how Marv kept confusing Porter with Broner and nobody corrected him lol.

Comment

In terms of pure ability Khan and Broner would IMO be on par wit each other.

Khan has a better overall approach to boxing as his profession, he is more intelligent and disciplined.

Khan is a level above AB, but is still a B level fighter at 147.

Comment

I think that Khan is a more complete and talented fighter than Broner. But if they fought and Broner caught him and stopped him at any point during that fight I wouldn't be surprised, but I would expect Khan to win.

Comment

Algieri takes Broner apart.

Khan accidentally picked the better opponent!

Broner is awful. He can't handle pressure. He thrives when he fights someone who can't box and stands in front of him.

What did Broner even do against Porter? counter right hands and leaping left hooks is all he had. 0 BODY work.
          Last edited by miniq; 07-03-2015, 01:38 PM.

Comment

khan could have easily been stopped against maidana. joe cortez broke them way too quickly. that was one of the fights that marked the end for cortez.

people are starting to forget that.

i do think khan probably beats broner. he's too fast. still, if broner can hurt porter with one punch, he can knock khan down or out. that guy's chin is flat out bad! it's about as bad as we've got for a top level fighter in boxing right now. we have to consider that when we look at these physical matches on paper.
            You have good points, but as chinny as khan is, he mtfer can recover and have dealt with more adversity than broner.

Broner is not a volume puncher, if he hurts khan, he wont be able to finish him. Khan will just hug and run until he gets his legs back. Even Garcias ******ed left hook couldnt 1 punch ko khan. It was the accumulation of punches that did it and on top of that khan was recovering by the time he was stopped.

Broner will try to outbox khan with his 20 punches thrown per round and he will lose.

Comment

Originally posted by miniq View Post
              Algieri takes Broner apart.

Khan accidentally picked the better opponent!

Broner is awful. He can't handle pressure. He thrives when he fights someone who can't box and stands in front of him.

What did Broner even do against Porter? counter right hands and leaping left hooks is all he had. 0 BODY work.
              Broner will let khan dictate the pace of the fight if it ever happens and broner wont do **** with his 10 punches thrown every round,

Comment

cortez allowed khan to push maidana consistently, which is illegal. he also broke them quickly several times in those final rounds. he turned his back several times in the 10th, and cortez would just jump in and bail him out. maidana was putting him on the ropes and doing damage. those illegal tactics, and cortez bailing him out, were his main forms of defense agains the combinations. the other one was fighting back. he very well could have been stopped if he wasn't allowed to do anyting illegal, didn't get help from the ref, and had to fight his way off the ropes. at that stage, when he'd slowed down, he'd be vulnerable when maidana forced him to fight. it's absolutely conceivable that khan would have been stopped with legitimate enforcement of the rules.
                You do what you need to do to survive when you're hurt. Bradley said he would have hugged Vargas or tackled him to the ground but the fight got stopped 10 seconds early. Now that's getting help from the ref.

Maidana had 3 rounds and couldn't finish a hurt Khan. And Broner isn't in the same league in terms of punching power so what's the relevance? Another classic NE tangent that has nothing to do with anything. Speaking of which...

you guys are biased, and don't have a high level of understanding of boxing, which is fine. you think carl froch is a great fighter, and the best SMW of the era. you're like children in our eyes.
                How long did it take to bring up Froch? Next post he'll be putting up videos of the Ward fight from 4 years ago. Get some new material.

The only thing that isn't one dimensional about you is your stomach.

and here's the "flash knockdown,"
                guys look to their corners and tell them they're OK after getting up looking shaky. standard procedure.

broner could absolutely shatter khan's baby chin. i don't think he would, but he definitely could.
                The very fact that he looked to his corner showed he was completely coherent and aware of what was going on. He was shocked by the punch but not hurt at all. It was the definition of a flash KD.
                Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 07-03-2015, 02:00 PM.

Comment

here are the final three rounds of the fight. the first nine, too. british commentary, bad definition.

cortez does a poor job in this fight. i don't think he meant to, but he did a very poor job managing khan's holding in the final three rounds.

i believe it's a fighter's right to hold when he's hurt and his legs are gone. that's just what they're going to do. i'm not going to ask a guy without any legs to stand there with his hands down and get knocked out.

a fighter should be granted a break if he's able to completely tie his man up. that means you've got to tie up both hands. khan isn't able to do that in several instances in the 10th, 11th, and 12th. he holds one hand tight. he cannot hold the other. maidana should be allowed to work with his free hand in these situations. fighters can be worn down to the body in these instances, and even stopped. angulo - alcine is one to watch if you have not.

great refereeing.

khan also does this in several instances, particularly in the 10th and the 12th, when he's badly hurt. these instances are where i start to consider cortez' poor performance possibly affecting the outcome of the fight. khan makes attempts to hold a single limb and turns his back. 1:47 and 1:12 in the 10th round. it's at 112 that one could conceivably stop the fight for khan turning his back and tucking his head like that. there was no break. at the very least, you need to allow maidana to keep working. that's the kind of mistake i'm talking about that affected the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    Khan has got a ton of shit here and elsewhere over the years for his delusional take on his standing in the sport and his various flaws in the ring.

But he is still twice the fighter Adrien Broner could ever hope to be. Broner would never beat a fighter of the calibre of Marcos Maidana. He wouldn't even beat Devon who Khan took apart like he was nothing.

Despite his failings, Khan is at least a real world level fighter. He's not just playing at being one, and putting more effort in his instagram account than his career.
                    I used to think Broner would probably KO Khan.

Not any more.

Comment

Maidana hurt Khan with a looping punch from the outside and you think the difference in the fight was that he couldn't land smothering shots with one free hand where he could get no leverage?

And what is the point in this discussion since Broner clearly can't punch anywhere near as hard as Maidana?

Comment

Working...
                      X