No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman Wants KO Against Collazo But Doesn’t Need It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
    Disappointing to hear this type of attitude from Thurman, and it's been a recurring theme with him these past year and a half. He doesn't seem to care to make a statement or impress anymore as long as he gets the W. He could be so much more than he is, he could be a more imposing / dominant figure.

It seems like being offensive is a synonym for not being smart for him. He can be an offensive oriented fighter while being mentally sharp and utilizing his other capabilities as a fighter.

BUT here is what I think is going on, he can't exchange without getting surprised by shots. And I also suspect he has a suspect chin. He is trying to keep these two flaws covered up by being more careful. If he sees the opening, he is going for that "ONE TIME SHOT" but otherwise he will play it safe if he can.

I want to see Thurman against a guy like Maidana who will pressure him and force him into a fight, not give him any breathing room which he has had plenty of these past few years. That's when we will either see Thurman break or step it up.
    This is what i thought as well.

Look back at Sotto Karass, he stunned thurman with one shot while he was trying to "One time" Karass.

People forget that even though Karass has KO's, he's never hurt anyone with one shot, besides Berto (and nowThruman), who has a weak chin. Karass is the kind of fighter needs to land far more shots to get guys hurt.

Past forward, Karass makes Thurman knee dip with only one shot.

i have a feeling Thurman might have a Berto type of chin.

Comment

Please stop desperately trying to promote yourself as a KO artist then. It's embarrassing. Be yourself, not a prostitute, Keith. The whole one-time thing is corny as hell.

Comment

Keith makin excuses already

Comment

He needs it, and preferably by the 6th. It's a **** fight that is only salvageable if he ends it early and impressively.

Comment

Pssh what happened to all that "all about knockouts" talk lmfao this dude is the defination of a gimmick he basically put up a tough front talking this and that and calling everyone out to jsut go ahead and do the complete opposite. what a bum.

Comment

lol getting his excuses in already

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                Please stop desperately trying to promote yourself as a KO artist then. It's embarrassing. Be yourself, not a prostitute, Keith. The whole one-time thing is corny as hell.
                Heaven forbid a fighter tries to hype himself up in a way that connects with casuals. I mean the ****ing horror of trying to increase your value. Also lets not act like the guy does'nt have a high KO percentage or that only one guy he has fought has'nt touched the canvas. Lets also not forget that even the guys he did'nt knock out, got dominated. The closest thing to a competitive fight the guy has been in was against Chavez, and he got dealt with. All that and somehow Keith is prostituting himself? GTFO.

As for people talking **** about his chin. If he had weak chin we would of known in the Chavez fight. Chavez can crack and Keith got hit with some big shots in that fight and he held up fine. Not saying he has a granite chin, but saying the guy has a suspect chin based on getting buzzed in one fight is just hilarious.

As for Collazo. I agree that Keith needs to get him out of there rather quickly, but that may be unrealistic considering Collazo has never been stopped.

Comment

Lmao decisions for life baby!

I called the knob a fake since day one, talks about his power like he is KO'ing elite fighters, joker couldnt even KO a Euro level fighter like Bundu

Comment

If Khan can drop Collazo 3 times, surely Thurman can at least drop him once. Collazo is a crafty veteran though, so this fight could be a nice little test for Thurman. Keith won't grab and hold like Khan did, so he and Luis should have a clean fight.

Comment

Although Collazo is way past his prime he can very well spoil things for Thurman if he comes with his A game.

There, I said it....just ask Ricky Hatton and Victor Ortiz.

BTW he did win the Hatton fight it was taken away by the judges.

Comment

Working...
                      X