No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman Wants KO Against Collazo But Doesn’t Need It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Thurman Wants KO Against Collazo But Doesn’t Need It

It’s not surprising when a fighter who has been scoring knockout after knockout during his development begins to see more of his bouts go against the distance, particularly as the level of opposition gets better.

Keith Thurman was still scoring knockouts or technical knockouts in recent years against the likes of Carlos Quintana, Diego Chaves and Jesus Soto-Karass, but his last two bouts have each ended with unanimous decision victories. Thurman topped Leonard Bundu and Robert Guerrero in those bouts, moving to 25-0 with 21 KOs
    [Click Here To Read More]

Of course he needs a knockout.

Hope collazo does an "Ortiz" on the fool. Unlikely though.

Comment

If he gets it in RD 1, He could get a Mayweather Fight.

Comment

In other words, he's not confident of KO'ing Collazo.

Comment

Disappointing to hear this type of attitude from Thurman, and it's been a recurring theme with him these past year and a half. He doesn't seem to care to make a statement or impress anymore as long as he gets the W. He could be so much more than he is, he could be a more imposing / dominant figure.

It seems like being offensive is a synonym for not being smart for him. He can be an offensive oriented fighter while being mentally sharp and utilizing his other capabilities as a fighter.

BUT here is what I think is going on, he can't exchange without getting surprised by shots. And I also suspect he has a suspect chin. He is trying to keep these two flaws covered up by being more careful. If he sees the opening, he is going for that "ONE TIME SHOT" but otherwise he will play it safe if he can.

I want to see Thurman against a guy like Maidana who will pressure him and force him into a fight, not give him any breathing room which he has had plenty of these past few years. That's when we will either see Thurman break or step it up.

Comment

Lol at "But doesn't need it"

Comment

He needs to dispatch what's left of Collazo faster than Khan did..

Comment

Well he needs at least 3 KD's if no KO. All he ever does is bang on about what he calls the "one time power". Even said Pacquiao is too small for his power. last week

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                  Disappointing to hear this type of attitude from Thurman, and it's been a recurring theme with him these past year and a half. He doesn't seem to care to make a statement or impress anymore as long as he gets the W. He could be so much more than he is, he could be a more imposing / dominant figure.

It seems like being offensive is a synonym for not being smart for him. He can be an offensive oriented fighter while being mentally sharp and utilizing his other capabilities as a fighter.

BUT here is what I think is going on, he can't exchange without getting surprised by shots. And I also suspect he has a suspect chin. He is trying to keep these two flaws covered up by being more careful. If he sees the opening, he is going for that "ONE TIME SHOT" but otherwise he will play it safe if he can.

I want to see Thurman against a guy like Maidana who will pressure him and force him into a fight, not give him any breathing room which he has had plenty of these past few years. That's when we will either see Thurman break or step it up.
                  to make it even worst he is doing it vs mediocre opposition ...
                  dude is wasting his prime and it just wont step up...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                    to make it even worst he is doing it vs mediocre opposition ...
                    dude is wasting his prime and it just wont step up...
                    Exactly bro, excellent point. I forgot to mention that aspect of it. This is the stage of your career where you are SUPPOSED to build hype and shine. The path is paved for you to do so.

And a guy with his moniker "ONE TIME" and the type of power he supposedly possesses should be looking like an animal or close to one at this point.

The man eased his way to a decision against a 40 year old Bundu. He didn't even try to pressure and impose himself after the KD. Truly disappointing to see.

Comment

Working...
                    X