Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timothy Bradley is one of the Most Overrated and Lucky Fighters in Recent History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have to say I strongly disagree. What you think of Bradley's skills isn't necessarily that important. He wins, period. And he wins because of his sheer determination. He's had a fight of the year, and he's beaten a hall of famer (Marquez). He's taken the 0s of guys like Alexander, Vargas, Abregu, Peterson. AND he beat Miguel Vazquez - a guy anyone would have trouble beating legitimately. Tim isn't the fastest or the strongest or the smartest fighter, but his will is unmatched by any other fighter in boxing. I love his attitude. He's a future hall of famer in my eyes.

And personally, I think he's unlucky. He never seems to get full credit.

Comment

• I can't believe people are now talking like beating or "taking the 0" of Jessie Vargas is some incredible feat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        I can't believe people are now talking like beating or "taking the 0" of Jessie Vargas is some incredible feat.
        You're so stuck on this one fight. If he never fought vargas he's still top 10. "He doesn't 12-0 anybody" yea he's not an amazing specimen but he's beaten some good fighters that most fighters wouldn't have stayed undefeated against

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          You're so stuck on this one fight. If he never fought vargas he's still top 10. "He doesn't 12-0 anybody" yea he's not an amazing specimen but he's beaten some good fighters that most fighters wouldn't have stayed undefeated against
          I'm not stuck on one fight. I've literally gone through his whole career since he arrived at world level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            I'm not stuck on one fight. I've literally gone through his whole career since he arrived at world level.
            And you came to the conclusion he's not top ten because he doesn't 12-0 guys. Great. Solid thread. I alearned alot

Comment

• What has Bradley done to deserve this hate? He's in the latter years of his career and can't take a shot like he used to. He's had an awesome career. One loss and he's faced a who's who of opponents during his career without having devastating power (or even good power). People on this board are crazy man lol jesus
              Last edited by kazyn8tive; 06-29-2015, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Its a bit like Marco Huck really isn't it? He has beaten some very good fighters, clearly lost to some but got decisions in his favour.
                He quite clearly isn't that skilled but he makes up for it with bags of toughness and ends up going life and death in virtually every fight. Only I don't see people saying Huck is elite, p4p or anything.

Like Bradley he is a tough mofo who is probably a top 5 fighter in his division and a handful for most but he certainly isn't elite, highly skilled, slick or p4p anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by PorterIsFuture View Post
                  Are Brook and Degale "elite"
                  Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  The Bradley hype began when he beat Devon Alexander in "the modern Hagler-Hearns"

Devon Dudley would have been a better scalp

Comment

• Tim Bradley, tough as nails and relentless. For the tools he has, he sure has come a long way. He is a hard worker in that squared circle. Work ethic and sheer will carried him far. He also has some pretty good skills, but wants to fight. Nothing but respect for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                      And you came to the conclusion he's not top ten because he doesn't 12-0 guys. Great. Solid thread. I alearned alot
                      I can live with people maybe scraping him into the the top 10 P4P but people have and did have him a lot higher. People unequivocally say he's the 3rd best welterweight when he's never even beaten a proper 147lber.

It's not just about 12-0ing guys. But his last two fights were supposed to be showcase fights and he still manages to make a pig's ear out of them. Even the Provo fight was supposed to be a showcase and he almost gets himself killed. Like I said, there's always something.

He either fights down to the level of his competition or he just isn't that good.

Comment

Working...
                      X