No announcement yet.

Walters is better than Rigo, P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Is proof really required like fighters stood on scales? I mean can we not visibly see Rigo is dwarfed in every fight? especially by Donaire, Marroquinn and Amagasa?

Amagasa was reported to be 145lb on fight night. At 5ft11, I don't think that is a stretch he is skinny but extremely tall and long and a career featherweight.
    Donaire went straight upto 126 and is clearly a good sized super feather he just came up against a massive one killing himself to make weight in Walters.

Even the weights you listed and those aren't the biggest he has fought 6-9lbs is a lot to most fighters nevermind super bantamweights.
    145lbs he was reported to weigh in the ring. Whilst very skinny its worth noting he is 5ft11.

http://chindasia.com/wp-content/topn...sashi-amagasa/
    YES!! Proof is needed. You can't just be saying Amagasa was 145lbs without any proof, where did you get that number from? People say Nonito was 142, 143, 145 (the number keeps changing) against Rigo without any proof. Nonito was 133 against Walters (who was 138).
    You can't just go by the eye test, Montiel was 134 compared to Nonito's 126 and Nonito looked HUGE compared to Montiel (he looked much bigger compared to Montiel than he did against Rigo).

Ok, I saw you posted a website while I was typing. That's better at least it's some proof; how credible the website is, I have no idea but that's besides the point.
    If those are not the biggest ones he's fought, then please tell me the other fighters that were even bigger than that.
    Last edited by HI-TECH Boxing; 06-25-2015, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
      Rigo is p4p #2 behind Floyd IMO, ahead of Ward, and def ahead of Walters... Loma needs to man up and fight either Walters or Rigo soon.
      So Loma and Walters are supposed to move down to 122 for Rigo or what? Last time I heard Rigo doesn't want to move up and we have to leave it at that (respect his decision).

Comment

Walters knocked out a small guy in vic and he just fought a small guy in Marriaga

Rigo is level above Walters

No doubt about it

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
          YES!! Proof is needed. You can't just be saying Amagasa was 145lbs without any proof, where did you get that number from? People say Nonito was 142, 143, 145 (the number keeps changing) against Rigo without any proof. Nonito was 133 against Walters (who was 138).
          You can't just go by the eye test, Montiel was 134 compared to Nonito's 126 and Nonito looked HUGE compared to Montiel (he looked much bigger compared to Montiel than he did against Rigo).

Ok, I saw you posted a website while I was typing. That's better at least it's some proof; how credible the website is, I have no idea but that's besides the point.
          If those are not the biggest ones he's fought, then please tell me the other fighters that were even bigger than that.

You've seen reports of Amagasa weighing 145.
          Corboda outweighing him by 9 lbs, Marroquinn weighing 134lbs I think its fair to say you won't believe other reports presented.

Just like you don't believe these clearly much bigger men are as big as claimed I don't believe Nonito Donaire is this small fighter which HBO likes to claim.

From Donaires FB for the fight with 5ft2, 115lb Narvaez.

''Nonito Donaire Jr. · 146,097 like this
          October 21, 2011 at 11:01pm ·
          Yep, 131lbs n I still have breakfast, lunch and dinner tomorrow before I fight! Totally amped and thanks to my fans for their belief in me and prayers but Team Donaire has prepared me and we are GOOD TO GO!''

He is another big guy who drained himself to beat on smaller opposition very much like Walters is doing and did to him.
          Do people seriously believe Montiel outweighed him by 8lbs when they have eyes and can see he absolutely towered over Montiel?
          If anything Donaire clearly outweighed Montiel by 8lbs. HBO even tried making out Darchinyan outweighed him in the rematch lol
          He is also rumoured to of weighed close to 140 in the ring vs Rigo.

Comment

P4P means if you shrunk or made the guy bigger all things scaled the same way for the respective division you are putting that fighter up against in terms of where you would rank them. Resume plays a factor but thats not what it is really about. If you put Walters at WW with his same style,power,etc... is he dominating the current WW division? Ask yourself the same for Rigo... if the answer is No for Walters and "Only Floyd gives Rigo a run for his money" then you have to rank Rigo above Walters... heck you might have to rank Rigo above Walters straight up if Rigo was willing to move up and take the risk... that's a fight he can win in my opinion even with the tremendous size gap IMO...

Robert Garcia said he's seen Rigo school some well known welter weights out there and he honestly believes he could be competitive in that division. that says a lot seeing how Rigo beat one of Roberts guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
              You must be new to boxing, let me educate you. The P4P list is about accomplishments and current standing, Rigo is unbeaten and the current WBO, WBA (Super) and The Ring(the lineal champ) in his division no one has come close to really beating him. No one is being biased but you with the anti-rigo rubbish your spouting. Rigo got dropped legitimately once vs Amagasa who was 5 ft 11 and moved down to fight him. After the 2nd KD which was a push, Rigo broke his face and he ha to retire from the fight. Rigo is not like your other cubans, he has a mean streak and WILL finish you.
              I disagree... I believe that plays a factor but I believe it's more about "could this (accomplished champion) lightweight beat this (accomplished champion) light heavyweight?"... the only thing you would have to go off is their style,punching power,defense, etc... scaled up or down to make a decision. GGG doesn't have a single win in his career better than Danny Garcia does but hes ahead of him on most P4P lists.

Comment

They are both wonderful fighters and a good case can be made for both of them to be rated highly pound for pound. Pound for pound is just personal opinion anyway based not on who he beat but on how good you think he is. It can't be proven so there are no right or wrong answers, only personal opinions. Nobody is stupid for rating Rigo above Walters because Rigo is a great fighter who has defeated the best fighters his weight.

Comment

You've seen reports of Amagasa weighing 145.
                  Corboda outweighing him by 9 lbs, Marroquinn weighing 134lbs I think its fair to say you won't believe other reports presented.

Just like you don't believe these clearly much bigger men are as big as claimed I don't believe Nonito Donaire is this small fighter which HBO likes to claim.

From Donaires FB for the fight with 5ft2, 115lb Narvaez.

''Nonito Donaire Jr. · 146,097 like this
                  October 21, 2011 at 11:01pm ·
                  Yep, 131lbs n I still have breakfast, lunch and dinner tomorrow before I fight! Totally amped and thanks to my fans for their belief in me and prayers but Team Donaire has prepared me and we are GOOD TO GO!''

He is another big guy who drained himself to beat on smaller opposition very much like Walters is doing and did to him.
                  Do people seriously believe Montiel outweighed him by 8lbs when they have eyes and can see he absolutely towered over Montiel?
                  If anything Donaire clearly outweighed Montiel by 8lbs. HBO even tried making out Darchinyan outweighed him in the rematch lol
                  He is also rumoured to of weighed close to 140 in the ring vs Rigo.
                  I appreciate it man. You're the first person that has actually tried to at least give me some evidence about the whole weight situation. But unless we see these guy actually step on the scales before the fight, we will never know for sure what they are weighing on fight night. Some may lie but who knows really. Even Mayweather doesn't give up 20 lbs, the highest his opponents have been is 165 (Ortiz, Canelo and Maidana) and Floyd probably goes in the lows 150's, so he gives up like 15 lbs (which is still a lot!). Heavyweights and Cruiserwieghts are probably the only ones that give up 20 lbs or more.

Anyway, it's a shame that Rigo is not being given opportunities. We are seeing this amazing talent just pass us because nobody wants to give him a chance. He's not even boring, he's probably one of the smoothest boxer I've seen. He doesn't run, actually the only ones that end up running are his opposition, which is funny. Oh Rigo was running against Donaire doe, the only one I recall backing up and running in the last round was Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                    I disagree... I believe that plays a factor but I believe it's more about "could this (accomplished champion) lightweight beat this (accomplished champion) light heavyweight?"... the only thing you would have to go off is their style,punching power,defense, etc... scaled up or down to make a decision. GGG doesn't have a single win in his career better than Danny Garcia does but hes ahead of him on most P4P lists.
                    Because Garcia is way behind GGG in skill level...

Comment

Looooooooooooool

Comment

Working...
                      X