• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no he isnt.

Comment

No sale..........

Comment

Rigo is p4p #2 behind Floyd IMO, ahead of Ward, and def ahead of Walters... Loma needs to man up and fight either Walters or Rigo soon.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Rigo took Donaires power better than Walters did and Walters ain't p4p anything. How can you be 'p4p' anything when you are continually fighting a load of opponents half your size man?

Rigo is continually dominating guys who have 15-20lbs on him, Walters is dominating guys he has 15-20lbs on.

A huge ass lightweight fighting a load of super featherweights who peaked several weights even below that, wow how impressive!
          Do you have proof on that? I'm a big Rigo fan, but I don't like when people say he's being outweighed by 15-20 lbs. I'm not even sure he's been outweighed by 10 lbs.
          Rigo: 127 Kennedy: 133
          Rigo: 124 Cordoba: 133
          Rigo: 128 Marroquin: 134

I know there's people that claim Nonito and Amagasa were in the 140+ and to that I say where is the proof? Nonito has never been heavier than 133, even when he fought at 126.

But other than that, yeah I think Rigo is P4P better than Walters without a question. Rigondeaux is a great boxer and it's a shame how his career is going.

Comment

Don't see it. And Walters over Donaire was not easy for Walters either. He was stunned in that himself. Rigo is much more skilled, fast, sharp. Walters is bigger and physically stronger though. But Rigo's usually the smaller man. What happens to Walters if he's not the bigger man?

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
              Do you have proof on that? I'm a big Rigo fan, but I don't like when people say he's being outweighed by 15-20 lbs. I'm not even sure he's been outweighed by 10 lbs.

I know there's people that claim Nonito and Amagasa were in the 140+ and to that I say where is the proof? Nonito has never been heavier than 133, even when he fought at 126.

But other than that, yeah I think Rigo is P4P better than Walters without a question. Rigondeaux is a great boxer and it's a shame how his career is going.
              I don't have a source for this but I remember Donaire talking about being in the 140's right next to a fight on social media once. I don't know about Rigo, I think it was before that. Maybe somebody else can search that out for us? I'm not versed on how to search through twitter and that kind of thing. But one of his official accounts somewhere.

Comment

Rigo is far better than Walters P4P, it's not even close

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post

Is proof really required like fighters stood on scales? I mean can we not visibly see Rigo is dwarfed in every fight? especially by Donaire, Marroquinn and Amagasa?

Amagasa was reported to be 145lb on fight night. At 5ft11, I don't think that is a stretch he is skinny but extremely tall and long and a career featherweight.
                  Donaire went straight upto 126 and is clearly a good sized super feather he just came up against a massive one killing himself to make weight in Walters.

Even the weights you listed and those aren't the biggest he has fought 6-9lbs is a lot to most fighters nevermind super bantamweights.

Comment

145lbs he was reported to weigh in the ring. Whilst very skinny its worth noting he is 5ft11.

http://chindasia.com/wp-content/topn...sashi-amagasa/

Comment

Originally posted by Rokozoko View Post
                      Now, people have a tendency to overlook Walters while going as far as putting Rigo into their top 5 P4P lists. That's just biased and stupid, when you consider the facts.

Age: Rigo is old and he looked kinda shot in his last fight, having too much trouble with a guy on Amagasa's level. Walters is young and just entering his prime.

Chin: Everyone and their mom, from Cordoba to Donaire to Amagasa, are knocking Rigo down left and right like he was a ragdoll, while Walters' ate a heavier version of Donaire's punches very well.

Power: Rigo got okay power, Walters got destructive power.

Resume: Rigo got only 15 fights and only 1 good victory, a points decision against Donaire in which he got knocked down in the process. Walters, on the other hand, easily crushed Donaire and stopped him, and he just won an impressive victory against the young, powerful and undefeated Marriaga, who is better than 14 of the 15 guys that Rigo has faced so far.

If you like Rigo, that's cool, we should appreciate such a rare talent, his skills are beautiful, but don't rank him above Walters P4P, it's just biased and ******ed and I'm tired of seeing it.
                      You must be new to boxing, let me educate you. The P4P list is about accomplishments and current standing, Rigo is unbeaten and the current WBO, WBA (Super) and The Ring(the lineal champ) in his division no one has come close to really beating him. No one is being biased but you with the anti-rigo rubbish your spouting. Rigo got dropped legitimately once vs Amagasa who was 5 ft 11 and moved down to fight him. After the 2nd KD which was a push, Rigo broke his face and he ha to retire from the fight. Rigo is not like your other cubans, he has a mean streak and WILL finish you.

Comment

Working...
                      X