No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: I Don't Need 50th Win, I'm Okay With 49

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    still trying to dodge Pac rematch it seems.
    He'll be happy with his tainted win tbh.

I just hope that he fights a live-body in September and gives Pac a rematch come May.

Personally I don't want to see either retire. Both may/Pac have 2 more possible years at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      still trying to dodge Pac rematch it seems.
      Yeah, totally...FLOYD you're scared, fight Manny, SIGN the contract!

Comment

Originally posted by PorterIsFuture View Post
        He'll be happy with his tainted win tbh.

I just hope that he fights a live-body in September and gives Pac a rematch come May.

Personally I don't want to see either retire. Both may/Pac have 2 more possible years at the top.
        Pac isn't at the top now let alone in 2 years..

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
          If he doesn't vacate the Belts, I believe Brook is next.
          He said yesterday he is vacating the belts.

He also won't figt Brook regardless.

Brook-Rios is basically a done deal.

Comment

If it's not Khan or Thurman then I could care a little less about the fight.

Khan, Thurman, and going out on a limb, Golovkin, Lara, or a Charlo brother.

Comment

He'll fight untill he's 50. Too much money $$$ on the table.

Comment

Mayweather's spending predicates the need to continue to earn big for as long as possible. He's walking the fine line between choosing a fight that is appealing to casuals therefore earning another $40-50 million AND avoiding a loss.
                I can see Mayweather going 52-0 - he can easily fight the likes of Berto and even Malignaggi before the casual fan clues in that they are being conned. Plus a PAC rematch brings in another 100 million even after the first fight farce.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                  If he doesn't vacate the Belts, I believe Brook is next.
                  At this point, a Brook fight would be more boring than a Lara fight...

Comment

Floyd is entitled to say anything he wants to while he's trying to sell his next fight -- which is going to be only a 'stay busy' fight...

Comment

Mayweather needs a hook to sell his PPVs, he knows it, showtime know it as does everyone else involved in financing him. Often times the hook is that he fights a latin opponent with a built in fan base. Then, for the last 5 years, there has been the whole "well let's see what happens this time, cos Pacquiao may be next"...now the Pacquiao meal ticket is long gone.

So the newest hook? It's a retirement fight but I guarantee Mayweather will fight again earliest late 2016 or latest 2017.

Comment

Working...
                      X