wow that is some fluid padwork right there,that boy is fastt

Comment

what weight class? featherweight?

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          what weight class? featherweight?
          Yea either 126 or 130

Comment

why are people talking about him going to the olympics??? F that noise,these young bloods need to turn pro ASAP and get there paper right

biased crooked ass olypmpic boxing judges dont give a damn about no american fighters,weve seen this throughout olmypic boxing history

Comment

If he had gone to the Olympics he would be more marketable whether he won medal or not, seems a bit strange if he was the #1 guy in the US, he obviously hasn't boxed at senior level as an amateur either with him turning when he was 16, just seems a bit strange he didn't wait a year it would of benefited him more, getting that amateur experience at world senior level would only do him good. He looks like he has talent though from the few videos that are out there, we will have to wait and see.

One other thing I'm gonna put out there, it seems like when the debate on who will be the next face of boxing pops up people start automatically assuming it will be an American, there's plenty of very talented fighters from various nations and it could be one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
                If he had gone to the Olympics he would be more marketable whether he won medal or not, seems a bit strange if he was the #1 guy in the US, he obviously hasn't boxed at senior level as an amateur either with him turning when he was 16, just seems a bit strange he didn't wait a year it would of benefited him more, getting that amateur experience at world senior level would only do him good. He looks like he has talent though from the few videos that are out there, we will have to wait and see.

One other thing I'm gonna put out there, it seems like when the debate on who will be the next face of boxing pops up people start automatically assuming it will be an American, there's plenty of very talented fighters from various nations and it could be one of them.
                Well americans usually are the face, Floyd Roy Tyson Leonard. And he said he's too young for the olympics and wouldn't be on the team

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  Well americans usually are the face, Floyd Roy Tyson Leonard. And he said he's too young for the olympics and wouldn't be on the team
                  Still doesn't make any sense to me, he might as well stay competing at a high level for the time being until hes old enough to turn pro, maybe even get into the senior team and box in the world championships where he would gain MASSIVE experience. Just seems like a bad idea to me, maybe when Mayweather offered to sign him he didn't want to let it slip away so he bit Floyds hand off I don't know, just seems like hes rushed into it.

And yes I agree that in the past Americans were dominant, but over recent years you're seeing more great fighters from various nations, that mixed with the fact that USA aren't doing as well in the Olympics and World Championships in the amateurs indicates that they aren't as dominant as they used to be, the next best fighter might not be an American. I kinda wish Cubans could go pro whenever they want, it would be interesting to see what Boxing looks like then.

In all seriousness though he looks like he has a lot of talent, will be interesting to see how he does and if he goes far then fair play to him. If hes 16 and is around 130 I can guarantee he won't be fighting at that when hes 18 though, still has plenty of time to grow.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Not overly impressive imo. Sloppy, looks like he brags too much and leaves himself open to counters after punching.
                    I thought the same. Clearly the sparring partner was either told to hold back or is lazy. Haha. That jabbing four times in a row like that would get him clocked against an opponent with a pulse.

Comment

Just watched devin sparring shakur Stevenson these kids are gonna be a problem

Comment

Working...
                      X