No announcement yet.

After Cotto, what's next for Alvarez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Cotto, what's next for Alvarez?

If Alvarez beats Cotto, the Golovkin fight seems logical... if De La Hoya allows it. Even if he loses, Cotto might still duck Golovkin and go the Mayweather II route. So what other fights are out there for Alvarez? I think he's getting a decent resumé going, having fought all the names demanded of him (Trout, Mayweather, Lara) and taken some scalps to keep busy (Angulo, Kirkland).

The only one I can think of is Lara II, just because of the closeness of the first fight, but nobody wants to see that again.

He can fight golovkin or give lara a rematch

Comment

I could see a David lemieux fight if he wanted to test the waters at 160. That would be a hell of a slugfest,and both are already under goldenboy.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
        If Alvarez beats Cotto, the Golovkin fight seems logical... if De La Hoya allows it. Even if he loses, Cotto might still duck Golovkin and go the Mayweather II route. So what other fights are out there for Alvarez? I think he's getting a decent resumé going, having fought all the names demanded of him (Trout, Mayweather, Lara) and taken some scalps to keep busy (Angulo, Kirkland).

The only one I can think of is Lara II, just because of the closeness of the first fight, but nobody wants to see that again.
        Demetrius Andrade would like to say hi.

Comment

No ****ing way I watch another Canelo-Lara fight.

It's GGG or GTFOH for Canelo. I think he'll step up to the plate too, doesn't really strike me the type of dude who ducks anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work. View Post
            He can fight golovkin or give lara a rematch
            I'd be down for either of these. Sooner or later, him and Lara need to do it again. That's the definition of unfinished business. It was a close fight.

Comment

If Canelo doesn't want a high risk opponent after Cotto he could fight Gabe Rosado. Gabe would make 154 for the money & he's literally never in a bad/boring/non exciting bout even when he's losing.

Comment

It would be a soft touch, victory parade type fight. Then winner of Lemiux/Ndam, Murray or depending on fight maybe rematch with Cotto.

Of course he would need to to move up to MW for these

Comment

Originally posted by gamefrk View Post
                  If Canelo doesn't want a high risk opponent after Cotto he could fight Gabe Rosado. Gabe would make 154 for the money & he's literally never in a bad/boring/non exciting bout even when he's losing.
                  Really? Gabe Rosado. This is what is wrong with some fans. Rewarding a perennially loser simply because he loses in a TV friendly way. When has the sport ever been about this?

Why in the hell is it ok for Canelo to fight someone that has no chance to beat him? Shouldn't he at least fight someone with a chance to win.

Or is getting an easy KO all that matters to fans of fighters?

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    It would be a soft touch, victory parade type fight. Then winner of Lemiux/Ndam, Murray or depending on fight maybe rematch with Cotto.

Of course he would need to to move up to MW for these
                    Fetta my man, that's not right. canelo needs a quality opponent at MW that actually makes him work so he can keep getting better and actually be ready for a GGG level opponent.

Fighting another easy guy or a blown up WW/JWW, hasn't Canelo had enough of those types of opponents?

Comment

Working...
                    X