Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everlast MX Pro Gloves Now Banned in the UK?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    I couldn't tell you which fighters wear which gloves to be honest. I just think this is more B1TCHING form Today's Boxing fans who only care about their favorite fighters getting a advantage.

Grant, Everlast, Reyes...Who gives a **** Gloves don't win fights, Fighters Win Fights!
    Right, but if you made it so Floyd couldn't use Grants literally out of the blue with no explanation, I'm sure even he'd be mad or at the very least, concerned. Fighters prefer their own certain style, I'm honestly shocked that this surprises you. Perhaps you're new to the sport. Fighters certainly do "give a *****". You aren't one, so don't speak for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Damaged Petals View Post
      So a popular "punchers glove" that has been around the sport for many, many years is something you're willing to just give up out of the blue, for no real valid reason?

Fighters get used to of wearing certain types of gloves, especially if they've grown accustomed to them.

You don't seem biased at all.
      That style, the Everlast MX, hasn't been around for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
        That style, the Everlast MX, hasn't been around for many years.
        I was referring more to horsehair gloves.

Comment

why did they specifically name-drop the everlast mx? is it that particular glove or horsehair gloves that's the issue? couldn't rios then just come in with reyes?

Comment

I was referring more to horsehair gloves.
            Yes, but the Everlast MX is designed different than Cleto Reyes and other horse hair gloves by Grant. They aren't padded the same even though both are horse hair. Cleto Reyes and Grants horse hairs are more properly padded around the knuckles for example.

Comment

Right, but if you made it so Floyd couldn't use Grants literally out of the blue with no explanation, I'm sure even he'd be mad or at the very least, concerned. Fighters prefer their own certain style, I'm honestly shocked that this surprises you. Perhaps you're new to the sport. Fighters certainly do "give a *****". You aren't one, so don't speak for them.
              So Gloves Determine Fights Is What You're Saying?

Who gives a FUK what Floyd Wants why do people always Drag Floyd into Conversations that has nothing to do with him? If Grant was taken away from him I'm sure he would fight another pair of gloves. Just like fighters adjust for certain Ring Sizes and Catchweight Fights

The band is just on a particular Brand/Style. You know what Fighters can do if they need a particular glove...how about don't take fights in the UK
              Last edited by sicko; 06-14-2015, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                So Gloves Determine Fights Is What You're Saying?

Who gives a FUK what Floyd Wants why do people always Drag Floyd into Conversations that has nothing to do with him? If Grant was taken away from him I'm sure he would fight another pair of gloves. Just like fighters adjust for certain Ring Sizes and Catchweight Fights

The band is just on a particular Brand/Style.
                Yeah, not gonna read your ******ed fanboy drivel. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                  Yes, but the Everlast MX is designed different than Cleto Reyes and other horse hair gloves by Grant. They aren't padded the same even though both are horse hair. Cleto Reyes and Grants horse hairs are more properly padded around the knuckles for example.
                  Interesting if true. If that's the case, shouldn't all boxing commissions ban those gloves?

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work. View Post
                    Whats the problem with these gloves?
                    The MX gloves have developed a reputation for the padding being able to be moved around, further exposing knuckles.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                      why did they specifically name-drop the everlast mx? is it that particular glove or horsehair gloves that's the issue? couldn't rios then just come in with reyes?
                      He could, and he probably will. I just think that it's not sportsmanlike that he'll be forced to use gloves other than ones that he's already formed a bond with.

Comment

Working...
                      X