Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch never mentions Kovalev or Stevenson..Why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
    He would have to put weight on in order to face those guys. Ward is the other top guy at 168, he's fighting at 172 in his next fight and you won't hear him mentioning Kovalev or Stevenson any time soon either.

In fact, i don't see many guys looking to jump up a division and face the best guys. GGG isn't looking to fight at 168 any time soon.
    Cotto fights at catch-weights. Canelo isn't looking to jump up to 160, as he recently said. Kovalev and Steveson won't fight eachother..have pretty much cleaned out the LHW division, but aren't thinking about a trip to Cruiserweight.
    It happens lees than we actually think.
    Kovalev is trying to fight Stevenon. It's Stevenson who won't fight. GGG wants to fight Chavez and Froch because they are big money fights. He doesn't want to fight Ward because it's not a big money fight and Ward wants to get most of the money.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Why does Froch have to mention any one at all? I'm tired of proven fighters who are at the tail end of their careers getting questioned as if they didn't already put in work years ago. Dude is like what, 38 now? His last 5 fighters faced were undefeated Ward, undefeated Bute, Mack(a break fight), Kessler, and undefeated Groves. He doesn't have to mention any one anymore. The 5 before that were Kessler, Dirrell, Abraham, Johnson, Taylor. What now he has to fight Stevenson or Kovalev to satisfy you? In his last 11 fights, one of them was against an obvious easy fighter which was Mack, that's about it.
      Kev with his first good post in like 6 years. I'm impressed. So much in fact that I'm lifting your ban from the Bronx.

Seriously though, I agree with your post. (Stay out of the Bronx though)

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        Kovalev is trying to fight Stevenon. It's Stevenson who won't fight. GGG wants to fight Chavez and Froch because they are big money fights. He doesn't want to fight Ward because it's not a big money fight and Ward wants to get most of the money.
        I thought team Kovalev walked away from the bid twice..?

Although, I agree that Stevenson doesn't want the fight either because I haven't heard him say boo about the fight not being signed. He' probably relieved as hell

Comment

Because he's a supermiddleweight and they are light heavyweights.

Very simple. Froch is not a light heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
            Froch isn't talking about anything other than retirement right now.
            He sounds like he has one foot out of the door already.

Comment

Originally posted by C U NextTuesday View Post
              Froch walks around at 170.

No debate.
              Froch walks around at 170 and fights at 168? Not a chance but that would be impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Why does Froch have to mention any one at all? I'm tired of proven fighters who are at the tail end of their careers getting questioned as if they didn't already put in work years ago. Dude is like what, 38 now? His last 5 fighters faced were undefeated Ward, undefeated Bute, Mack(a break fight), Kessler, and undefeated Groves. He doesn't have to mention any one anymore. The 5 before that were Kessler, Dirrell, Abraham, Johnson, Taylor. What now he has to fight Stevenson or Kovalev to satisfy you? In his last 11 fights, one of them was against an obvious easy fighter which was Mack, that's about it.
                That's too logical for some of the idiots on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Kovalev is trying to fight Stevenon. It's evenson who won't fight. GGG wants to fight Chavez and Froch because they are big money fights. He doesn't want to fight Ward because it's not a big money fight and Ward wants to get most of the money.
                  How exactly is he "trying?"

Comment

Originally posted by titan m View Post
                    Froch walks around at 170 and fights at 168? Not a chance but that would be impressive.
                    He walks around 175-180 which is very impressive, rehydrates only around 5 pounds from 168, he could probably make middleweight.

Comment

Cause he was able to admit he isnt a light heavyweight. Unlike ward who is trying to pull a fast one and pretend he is the best off all these layoffs and he could beat them if he really wanted to. Yet he needs all these tune ups..

Comment

Working...
                      X