Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch never mentions Kovalev or Stevenson..Why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch never mentions Kovalev or Stevenson..Why?

Am I missing something ?? Froch was trying to get JCC Jr and now is talking up a fight with GGG. GGG is a middleweight and would have to move up 8 pounds...

If Froch is trying to have one last big fight, then why isn't he himself looking at a super fight with Kovalev or even perhaps Adonis Stevenson.

I think a Froch vs Kovalev fight would be huge $$$ wise... so why wouldn't he want it?

Or is it a simple case of he wants his cake and wants to eat it too (fighting a smaller fighter)?

Cuz he would get his **** pushed in for minimum wage

Comment

I believe him fighting Kovalev would bring in huge dollars...most probably more than GGG, if not the same.

Comment

They don't like to admit it but he's just like the rest of 'em.

Meaning he's looking for the best opportunity to look good against B-class boxers with bigger followings.

There's nothing wrong with it if you think about it, but Froch fans need to stop pretending he's such a hardened badass, because he's clearly not.

Comment

The Stevenson fight is actually a winnable fight for Froch imo

Comment

Froch isn't talking about anything other than retirement right now.

Comment

Froch walks around at 170.

No debate.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd slapper View Post
                Cuz he would get his **** pushed in for minimum wage
                This sums it up. He's not exactly 25 years old with time to fill into his body, he's hit his peak. There is no logical reason for him to move up.

Comment

Froch could beat Stevenson, but Kovalev lights him up.

Comment

Why does Froch have to mention any one at all? I'm tired of proven fighters who are at the tail end of their careers getting questioned as if they didn't already put in work years ago. Dude is like what, 38 now? His last 5 fighters faced were undefeated Ward, undefeated Bute, Mack(a break fight), Kessler, and undefeated Groves. He doesn't have to mention any one anymore. The 5 before that were Kessler, Dirrell, Abraham, Johnson, Taylor. What now he has to fight Stevenson or Kovalev to satisfy you? In his last 11 fights, one of them was against an obvious easy fighter which was Mack, that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X