Official: Lara-Rodriguez, Beterbeiv-Johnson PBC Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Was he fluent? or like Golovkin-level?
    Lol. Like GGG. Him and Canelo both know enough to hold short convos.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Yeah he did but we can all agree that Rodriguez was in no way, shape or form, a match for Lara and he still couldn't put him away. It's awesome to land over 60% of your punches on an opponent but when you can't put them away after doing that, it says something.
      ,,,,,Word.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
        lol really??

People say he could frustrate him and make him look bad
        but i've never seen anyone say he'd beat him.
        He doesn't clinch, and I don't know what he can do to keep Golovkin away. Bear in mind Golovkin would be A-side so it's not going to be a 24ft ring.

Comment

• He stayed in the pocket and let his hands go more. I have no problem with Lara style, I just think you have to match him HIGHLY! No more easy fights for Lara he is beyond that level. Would love to see him vs Andrade or give Julian J Rock Williams a crack at him. Let one of these young Lions try to push him to the limit.

I would like to see how he would deal with GGG walking him down I say make that fight! If Lara is "Not that good" then GGG walks him down and blast him out in a few round like Willie Monroe Jr right?
          Last edited by sicko; 06-12-2015, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            I understand that opponent had a lot to do with it, but that's how Lara should always fight. Very impressive.
            It was better than Ishe, yeah he should just pivot/turn stay in range more but then again Delvin is shot and had nothing to trouble Lara.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              He doesn't clinch, and I don't know what he can do to keep Golovkin away. Bear in mind Golovkin would be A-side so it's not going to be a 24ft ring.
              I agree, i was just amused... or bemused rather, that people actually think Lara beats Golvokin.

Comment

• Originally posted by lopez12 View Post
                Damn you Lara! I have no doubts Lara can trouble some greats but then he can also do this........ Talk about frustrating. GRRR
                What greats? Lara drew with Carlos Molina and Vanes Martirosyan in the past.

Comment

• Did one of Cotto's recent bum opponents just go 12 rounds with the great Lara? Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    He stayed in the pocket and let his hands go more. I have no problem with Lara style, I just think you have to match him HIGHLY! No more easy fights for Lara he is beyond that level. Would love to see him vs Andrade or give Julian J Rock Williams a crack at him. Let one of these young Lions try to push him to the limit.
                    Yeah mismatches aren't fun if you aren't heavy handed. You got to match them up tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantasiabruja View Post
                      Did one of Cotto's recent bum opponents just go 12 rounds with the great Lara? Lol
                      Kind of like how Lara dominated the guy that worked Cotto over.

Comment

Working...
                      X