No announcement yet.

Official: Lara-Rodriguez, Beterbeiv-Johnson PBC Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
    He's not close to ready for Stevenson. He will get picked apart.
    Agree. I'm not sold he can go late into a fight. He pulled a Canelo and took the 6th round off. He's very low volume as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
      He's not close to ready for Stevenson. He will get picked apart.
      Stevenson would box his ears off if he fights like this. Lazy as hell man.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Boom! Johnson showed heart though! Made him work for it at least! Beterbeiv is a KILLER
        I thought he looked bad against an opponent who didn't really even have a training camp. I don't see him lasting long against someone like Kovalev or even Stevenson. He needs quite a bit more seasoning against quality fighters who are ready for him.

Comment

• Hahaha are they really advertising Kimbo Slice vs Shamrock? Thought Ken retired about a decade back

I remember Ken pulling out before and that goon with the pink hair came in on a few hours notice and pushed Kimbo's **** in

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Round 6 was a clear Johnson round WTF are these commentators on about? Beterbiev did nothing at all.
            They have to sell the goods. I have to say though that Beterbiev didn't look all that impressive, more so it's his power and ability to take punches that allows him to win. At least a guy like Kovalev has a varied degree of boxing skill. This guy seems like he has some variation in his punching selection but he throws his punches the same way most of the time and he is like some beastly robot.

Comment

• I think Beterbiev was toying with the guy the whole fight, he probably wanted to get some rounds in. He's usually a lot more aggressive and relentless.

Comment

• Tricky outing against a southpaw, Johnson gave a good account of himself and showed good punch resistance.

Decent little fight even if the result was never in doubt.

Comment

• I think Beterbiev could possibly handle Stevenson because Stevenson is not really that good of a boxer and his defense is lacking.

Beterbiev is a guy that needs to set his feet and his wide base while great for power puts his feet in buckets. So a guy that can jab and move good will likely make him look lost, but that is not really Stevenson

Comment

• Johnson had never been stopped before.

Comment

• Remember guys, this is only his 9th fight!

Comment

Working...
                      X