Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin's Promoter on Facing James DeGale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
    Inb4 GGG is ducking degale.
    That's what damn near every Golovkin fan would be saying if the shoe was on the other foot.

Comment

I don't blame them for wanting a payday. PPV may be a stretch. But hopefully they can fight some of the better middleweights..

Comment

How old is GGG?

Because really there is not a middleweight I can think of who I want to see him fight.

I am an Andy Lee fan but I know Golovkin folds him up and puts him in a draw.

The size of the top supermiddles makes the match ups appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          How old is GGG?

Because really there is not a middleweight I can think of who I want to see him fight.

I am an Andy Lee fan but I know Golovkin folds him up and puts him in a draw.

The size of the top supermiddles makes the match ups appealing.
          He's 33 years old and has a pitiful resume but his management team have always felt some kind of entitlement for some reason.

James DeGale just got a better win than Golovkin has had in his entire career and made more for a single fight than he ever has in his entire career. Let that sink in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            He's 33 years old and has a pitiful resume but his management team have always felt some kind of entitlement for some reason.

James DeGale just got a better win than Golovkin has had in his entire career and made more for a single fight than he ever has in his entire career. Let that sink in.
            Golovkin should hit the road then and go global.

Cotto and Alvarez wont fight him - and no way should Floyd fight or even consider fighting him.

It is a shame that Pirog guy disappeared as soon as he arrived. Maybe he could have progressed into a top middleweight.

Degale will naturally be pulling for Groves to beat Jack though. Those two are eachothers pensions. If he wins that. There is a third fight even if it is a stinker.

I would think that both would fight Golovkin though

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

How long has Degale been boxing on television?

Dirrel vs Gennady isn't even appealing. He's already been beaten in the amateurs, furthermore don't go acting like Dirrel has EVER fought in anything but his amateur style even throughout his professional career. The difference is he wouldn't have headgear to cushion the shots.

Gennady has been on US TV for 2-3 years and he's just earned 1.5 million USD for his last fight against someone with no fan base (Monroe). He's also set records for attendance numbers in previously popular places.

Groves and Degale shared a £320,000 purse for their huge rivalry fight, and this was in 2011. So 4 years later and he's finally making decent money? gtfo with that ****

Let that sink in.
              Last edited by T18Z; 06-09-2015, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Cotto and Canelo are basically taking a page from Floyd...wait out Triple G and either retire or wait until someone exposes/beats him...

Floyd vs. Triple G is clearly the most exciting match up because of the clash of styles...obviously, we know Floyd is all about working "smarter not harder"

So we'll get one of these Europeans instead...

Comment

Originally posted by kej718 View Post
                  GTFO
                  His team keeps talking about marketability but they just fought who?
                  Willie Monroe?
                  I hope he doesn't get the Froch fight now, or the winner of Cotto vs Canelo.
                  GGG just sold over 12,000 tickets for Monroe and had 1.4mill US tv rating (in addition to millions more in Germany, UK, Russia, eastern europe, and KZ). Ward sold 7,600 tix vs Dawson in his hometown and 1.3mill US tv rating and probably **** overseas...

You don't want Golovkin/Froch because you would hate to see Golovkin live up to his hype. Tell RN to send a fat offer to Golovkin for Ward this year and watch it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
                    How long has Degale been on Television for boxing?

Dirrel vs Gennady isn't even appealing. He's already been beaten in the amateurs, furthermore don't go acting like Dirrel has EVER fought in anything but his amateur style even throughout his professional career. The difference is he wouldn't have headgear to cushion the shots.

Gennady has been on US TV for 2 years and he's just earned 1.5 million for his last fight against a someone with no fan base (Monroe). Let that sink in.
                    That was DeGale's first fight on US TV and he already has a better win/payday than Golovkin. Ouch.

@ "already beaten in the amateurs". We're in the pros, son. Name a better win on Golovkin's resume than Andre Dirrell.

I don't really have an issue with Golovkin's team not wanting to fight DeGale. The risk/reward doesn't add up for them especially when they've got a mandatory shot at Cotto/Canelo winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                      GGG just sold over 12,000 tickets for Monroe and had 1.4mill US tv rating (in addition to millions more in Germany, UK, Russia, eastern europe, and KZ). Ward sold 7,600 tix vs Dawson in his hometown and 1.3mill US tv rating and probably **** overseas...

You don't want Golovkin/Froch because you would hate to see Golovkin live up to his hype. Tell RN to send a fat offer to Golovkin for Ward this year and watch it happen.
                      LOL @ Ward...Why would Triple G move up to fight a guy who fights in the new 172 lb weight division and who has to pay BET to get his fight on TV?

Froch should decide whether he wants to fight or retire before you jump the gun...

Triple G is looking at Canelo, Cotto and Mayaweather

Comment

Working...
                      X