No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin's Promoter on Facing James DeGale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
    LOL @ Ward...Why would Triple G move up to fight a guy who fights in the new 172 lb weight division and who has to pay BET to get his fight on TV?

Froch should decide whether he wants to fight or retire before you jump the gun...

Triple G is looking at Canelo, Cotto and Mayaweather
    Ward weighed 172.5 or something two weeks away from his next fight. He'll be back at 168. Don't worry

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
      LOL @ Ward...Why would Triple G move up to fight a guy who fights in the new 172 lb weight division and who has to pay BET to get his fight on TV?

Froch should decide whether he wants to fight or retire before you jump the gun...

Triple G is looking at Canelo, Cotto and Mayaweather
      I thought he was looking to unify the 160 division....if he wants those guys he'll have to shrink down to 155 for Nelo...154-155 for Cotto and 147-150 for Floyd...if he can make the weight without dying...so be it

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        That was DeGale's first fight on US TV and he already has a better win/payday than Golovkin. Ouch.

@ "already beaten in the amateurs". We're in the pros, son. Name a better win on Golovkin's resume than Andre Dirrell.

I don't really have an issue with Golovkin's team not wanting to fight DeGale. The risk/reward doesn't add up for them especially when they've got a mandatory shot at Cotto/Canelo winner.
        Yeah, go ahead and act like fighting on British TV is no big deal.

Go on, tell me how Dirrel fights differently from the pros vs the amatuers? Pro-tip: you can't. The fight isn't interesting.

Lastly, Golovkin was on US TV in late 2012, Degale started in mid 2011 and you're somehow proud he's only just started to earn good money after fighting on British TV practically his whole career and then transitioning to American TV for close to 5 years?

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
          Yeah, go ahead and act like fighting on British TV is no
          big deal.
          What?

Go on, tell me how Dirrel fights differently from the pros vs the amatuers? Pro-tip: you can't. The fight isn't interesting.
          But Willie Jr is? I asked you to name me a better win on Golovkin's resume. Don't think I received an answer.

Lastly, Golovkin was on US TV in late 2012, Degale started in mid 2011 and you're somehow proud he's only just started to earn good money after fighting on British TV practically his whole career and then transitioning to American TV for close to 5 years?
          I'm saying that in DeGale's debut on US TV, he got a better win and earned more money in a single night than Golovkin has in his entire career. Just stating facts. DeGale is much younger than Golovkin too.

I don't know why Golovkin's team think they have some kind of entitlement to turn their noses up at fighters like DeGale especially after saying they would KO anyone from 154-168

Comment

GGG is badly managed by inept boobs

Golovkin might be the worst promoted fighter of all time. GGG needs a Top Rank or even GBP to have a chance at some good money. K2-sucks as a promoter and are clowns and inept morons. GGG even needs the boxing pimp Al Haymon to succeed. Being a commie in the USA doesn't help either. But GGG needs to drop K2 now.

Comment

What?

But Willie Jr is? I asked you to name me a better win on Golovkin's resume. Don't think I received an answer.

I'm saying that in DeGale's debut on US TV, he got a better win and earned more money in a single night than Golovkin has in his entire career. Just stating facts. DeGale is much younger than Golovkin too.

I don't know why Golovkin's team think they have some kind of entitlement to turn their noses up at fighters like DeGale especially after saying they would KO anyone from 154-168
              What?
              You kindly missed out that Degale has been fighting on Box office and British TV long before Golovkin was even debuting on any relevant network. That was my point. You brushed over/ignored a major part of why his purses are what they are now.

Furthermore age is irrelevant, we're talking about growth. Golovkin has grown faster then Degale in popularity (and purses) since his television debut against Proska. Degale already had a huge backing from the UK since he started his career in 2009 due to his Olympic gold.

Willie is a middleweight, Degale isn't. How hard is it to understand he's not going to move out of his comfortable division for a guy like Degale? Whether or not it would be his best win is irrelevant, he's not going to keep bouncing between two divisions. His focus is on unifying his division, he'll only go up or down for exceptional opposition, that's not Degale or Dirrel.

Comment

He's 33 years old and has a pitiful resume but his management team have always felt some kind of entitlement for some reason.

James DeGale just got a better win than Golovkin has had in his entire career and made more for a single fight than he ever has in his entire career. Let that sink in.
                Truer words have never been spoken. GGG and his fans just think he should get everything given to him because... what's the reason? Oh that's right... He fights 4 times a year.

Comment

If GGG is a "draw" as his fans and his people state... why don't he just do a PPV. He is the "draw" right?

Comment

Originally posted by SonofZorro View Post
                    Golovkin might be the worst promoted fighter of all time. GGG needs a Top Rank or even GBP to have a chance at some good money. K2-sucks as a promoter and are clowns and inept morons. GGG even needs the boxing pimp Al Haymon to succeed. Being a commie in the USA doesn't help either. But GGG needs to drop K2 now.
                    find me another fighter who has risen as fast as GGG has in only 2 years of fighting in the US. You won't. Should he sign with Haymon? Where is Quillin today? Jacobs? They are nowhere, they never fight and never get any press at all. How many Haymon or TR fighters get the attention Golovkin gets on boxing websites and forums? You won't see a Canelo or Cotto discussion without GGG being a part of it.

No promoter will be able to get him the fights he wants to get. If a fighter does not want to take the risk, a different promoter will change nothing. It is also a matter of timing. He cannot fight for any other MW title right now because the other title holders have their own obligations to take care of and their own scheduled fights to keep.

As for your ignorant comment about being a commie, we don't need crap like that around here and you have been reported.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                      Truer words have never been spoken. GGG and his fans just think he should get everything given to him because... what's the reason? Oh that's right... He fights 4 times a year.
                      Everything given to him?

He's fighting 4 times a year against every middleweight who steps up to the plate and has something worthwhile to prove. He's working hard for his position and has earned everything given to him with his fan friendly style, crazy knockout ratio/streak and happy-go respectful attitude.

You're an idiot, honestly.
                      Last edited by T18Z; 06-09-2015, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X