No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: We're After The WBC Title, Not Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    It's incredible how people make very simple thing to look complicated.

Gennady fights at 160. He will fight at 154 or 168 only for the extraordinary opportunity. And that would be a SINGLE fight, after which he will RETURN to HIS NATURAL WEIGH, which is 160.

Extraordinary opportunity at 154 is Mayweather. He is not calling him out, he is not chasing him.. He only says that he would not have a problem to go down for that fight, if Floyd for whatever reason decides to fight Gannady.

At 168, there is more than a single fight which is attractive. Froch, Chavez (was!) and maybe Ward in the future. Froch because he is PPV, Chavez is he was PPV and Ward when he becomes PPV.

It doesn't make sense to fight Ward for less money than what would he get fighting pretty much anybody at 160. + Ward is at 172 atm.

Cotto is interesting because he is 160 champion + a big name. If he drops the title, Gennady stops chasing him and go after Lee. Canelo is the other big fight, but as Gennady's team already said, that's only when Canelo moves up to 160. It's up to Canelo, not Gennady. But again Canelo might end up with 160 title, in which case he is a NATURAL target for Gennady.

In short, Gennady STAYS at 160 until he gets ALL TITLES. ALL fighters that fight (and especially have 160 titles) are Gennady's targets.

He will go up or down only for extraordinary opportunity for a single fight (meaning enough money). Those are only Floyd and Froch atm.

I agree, Ward would spank him.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      I dont have a typical response, unless I am replying to a pac-tard.

OK, Canelo is NOT the same size as Golovkin, that is ridiculous.

Canelo is not a middleweight, has never fought at middleweight, and has never fought a middleweight. The point is, he has never prepared himself for a fight where he could weight as much as 160.

He is close, but saying that he is the same, does not make it so.

That is not being picky, it is being accurate..... your assertion is inaccurate.

When Canelo moves to middleweight, he will obviously take that fight.

Right now, his potential opponents are junior middleweights/Cotto.
      Looks like you won't have to deal with that then. I can't quite get out what I want to say in a way that is best to get my point across just yet. So I'll just agree to disagree.

Comment

GGG mentioned Cotto before he had the middleweight belt, so that's just bullschit.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
          GGG mentioned Cotto before he had the middleweight belt, so that's just bullschit.
          Got a link?

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
            Looks like you won't have to deal with that then. I can't quite get out what I want to say in a way that is best to get my point across just yet. So I'll just agree to disagree.
            Sure, no prob !

The issue is recognising the divisional limit, and understanding how a fighter is affected when he is forced to change his preparation.

It is not correct to assume that the Canelo who fought Mayweather, will be the same as the Canelo who will fight Golovkin.

Truth be known, there is not much difference between the 152lb Canelo, and the 155lb Canelo..... but with an additional 5lbs of muscle, and less weight to lose in camp..... plus, Canelo will be able to focus more on strength work if his trainers deem it necessary/beneficial.

That is why fighters who are well-managed usually take time to acclimatise after moving up.

Comment

Gennady fights at 160. He will fight at 154 or 168 only for the extraordinary opportunity. And that would be a SINGLE fight, after which he will RETURN to HIS NATURAL WEIGH, which is 160.

Extraordinary opportunity at 154 is Mayweather. He is not calling him out, he is not chasing him.. He only says that he would not have a problem to go down for that fight, if Floyd for whatever reason decides to fight Gannady.

At 168, there is more than a single fight which is attractive. Froch, Chavez (was!) and maybe Ward in the future. Froch because he is PPV, Chavez is he was PPV and Ward when he becomes PPV.

It doesn't make sense to fight Ward for less money than what would he get fighting pretty much anybody at 160. + Ward is at 172 atm.

Cotto is interesting because he is 160 champion + a big name. If he drops the title, Gennady stops chasing him and go after Lee. Canelo is the other big fight, but as Gennady's team already said, that's only when Canelo moves up to 160. It's up to Canelo, not Gennady. But again Canelo might end up with 160 title, in which case he is a NATURAL target for Gennady.

In short, Gennady STAYS at 160 until he gets ALL TITLES. ALL fighters that fight (and especially have 160 titles) are Gennady's targets.

He will go up or down only for extraordinary opportunity for a single fight (meaning enough money). Those are only Floyd and Froch atm.
              Excellent, intelligent post that even the limited brain power of the average Cottotard should be able to understand. It will be very interesting to see them attempt to pick it apart but as it so clearly presents the facts that cannot be argued with, I believe even the most fervent hater will stay far away from it because it really is beyond critique.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
                Sooo...nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  I agree, Ward would spank him.
                  You do understand Ward will want at least 20X more than what Geale/Murray/Monroe wanted to fight Gennady?!

So.. Gennady should go out of his weight class to fight an incredibly difficult fight for less than 1% of money he could potentially get in 2 or so years (Ward being active in the meantime, and GGG unifying 160)...

Of course even if he wanted to fight Ward NOW, Ward decides when he is ready (after a couple tune-ups, so in 10 years by Ward's current activity level).

Hm... keep digging those gifs, they are cute.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                    Excellent, intelligent post that even the limited brain power of the average Cottotard should be able to understand. It will be very interesting to see them attempt to pick it apart but as it so clearly presents the facts that cannot be argued with, I believe even the most fervent hater will stay far away from it because it really is beyond critique.
                    Oh really ?

Lets find out.....

Simurghs entire post is based on the premise below.....

" Gennady fights at 160. He will fight at 154 or 168 only for the extraordinary opportunity. "

Well, that premise is rubbish.....

Simburghs spin contradicts Team Golovkin, who say....
                    ..... " we will fight anyone from 154-168 ".

So, considering that post is based on a falsehood, that post is rubbish.

Oh yea, and I also noticed the standard financial excuses designed specifically to remove Andre Ward from the discussion.

That post was Golovkin slurping, nothing more.

That is why nobody bothered replying.

You guys are going to have to realise that experienced boxing fans have heard all that shht before.

You all said the same thing about Matthyse..... jeez, half of you said the same thing about Provodnikov lol.

Sorry, but fanboy spin aint gonna convince anyone of anything..... Golovkin will have to convince the world by actually beating someone with a pulse..... it really is absurd to read all of the rubbish concerning him, half the time it sounds like you guys are describing someone else, because Golovkin really has done nothing.

If Golovkin steps up and makes a genuine effort to live up to his hype, and is successful..... then good for him, I will be the first to sit up, take notice, and congratulate him. And I wish him well, he seems like a great guy..... but until then..... meh.

Comment

Thank fcuk for Golovkin !

Because without him, you guys would be saying that exact same shht about Lemieux lol

Comment

Working...
                      X