No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: We're After The WBC Title, Not Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
    What have you been smoking? Normally, what you said is true. However, we are talking about the WBC here. The WBC is not going to strip Cotto of his belt when he is about to fight a huge money fight with Alvarez. Cotto can piss on the belt and tell Sulamain to go to hell. Sulamain would still allow Cotto to keep the belt and fight Alvarez without paying a step-aside fee to Golovkin. If Cotto decided to vacate the belt, Sulamain would create some bogus Champion of the Century belt or some BS like that to try to get a sanctioning fee from Cotto and Alvarez. After beating Alvarez, Cotto may fight a rematch with Mayweather for the WBC middleweight belt and Sulamain would allow that fight to happen.

GGG will be interim champion until sometime in 2016 when Cotto either decides to fight him or retire, but no way in hell will Cotto be stripped.
    Terry, this is why the WBC - along with the rest of the a55hat ABC organisations - cannot be trusted, or taken seriously.

They are inconsistant, to the point of being inherently dishonest.

You HAVE to deal with them on a professional level, and I suppose to a large extent you have to take them seriously.

But I dont, and I never will.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      Exactly, Team Golovkin are full of shht.

They want the huge paydays that the smaller fighters offer..... Mayweather / Canelo / Cotto.

Golovkin needs to take a risk with his boring, stale, slow-moving, career...... instead of looking for undeserved paydays from smaller fighters.
      Youre mind numbingly stupid. Just about everything you post is ****.

Ggg challenged Froch, who is bigger, p4p, and Wards best win.

His career is far from stale, moron. In under 3 years he went from total nobody to every p4p list, packing venues east and west coast, Ring readers FOTY. Even DLH is name dropping him as comeback opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
        I love how people say that Golovkin wants Cotto because of the payday and not because of the belt and that he's picking on smaller men. His name was never mentioned before June 7, 2014. If he wanted a Cotto payday, that name would have been brought up way before Cotto grabbed the belt. Cotto felt he was good enough to fight Martinez at 159, so Golovkin has the right to want to challenge him, especially now that he has the belt. It wasn't so much Golovkin "picking on" smaller guys, so much as it was Cotto believing he could fight around that weight. And now suddenly he's too small? Yeah he always was, so drop the ****ing belt. If there is any kind of controversy or war that happens with Cotto/Canelo, you can bet GGG will be frozen out once again. I don't mind if he has to move up, but it would be good to see a MW with all the titles where everyone has to go through him.
        Cool story bro !

How does that explain Golovkins fixation with Mayweather and Canelo ?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Youre mind numbingly stupid. Just about everything you post is ****.

Ggg challenged Froch, who is bigger, p4p, and Wards best win.

His career is far from stale, moron. In under 3 years he went from total nobody to every p4p list, packing venues east and west coast, Ring readers FOTY. Even DLH is name dropping him as comeback opponent.
          His career is fkn stale.

e.g.

The Myth: Deadly killer, wrecking machine, middleweight supremo

The Reality: A shht resume, not fit to carry Hagler/Monzon/Grebs jockstrap

And despite having an underwhelming resume, he seems to be only looking at smaller name-fighters.

Nothing happening there man !

STALE !

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            Cool story bro !

How does that explain Golovkins fixation with Mayweather and Canelo ?
            Canelo is the same size as GGG, I don't care that he kills himself to make the weight he does. What is everyone's fixation on Mayweather? Somehow he's the only one that gets crucified yet other guys who are bigger than GGG say the same ****, and it's not nearly as bad? It's everyone's dream fight around Floyd's weight class to fight him. Yet he's never mentioned Mayweather's name after every post-fight interview. So how much is he really clamoring for that fight other than it being just that, a dream fight? And don't give me **** about what Abel has said/been saying; we're talking about Gennady. How often has he brought Floyd's name up without being asked by reporters? ****s sake this **** is annoying. You'll probably say I'm just some bias GGG nuthugger as everyone else on this forum says when they have nothing else to say. I'm a fan yes, but the sport always comes before the boxer. I'll wait for your typical response...

Comment

It's incredible how people make very simple thing to look complicated.

Gennady fights at 160. He will fight at 154 or 168 only for the extraordinary opportunity. And that would be a SINGLE fight, after which he will RETURN to HIS NATURAL WEIGH, which is 160.

Extraordinary opportunity at 154 is Mayweather. He is not calling him out, he is not chasing him.. He only says that he would not have a problem to go down for that fight, if Floyd for whatever reason decides to fight Gannady.

At 168, there is more than a single fight which is attractive. Froch, Chavez (was!) and maybe Ward in the future. Froch because he is PPV, Chavez is he was PPV and Ward when he becomes PPV.

It doesn't make sense to fight Ward for less money than what would he get fighting pretty much anybody at 160. + Ward is at 172 atm.

Cotto is interesting because he is 160 champion + a big name. If he drops the title, Gennady stops chasing him and go after Lee. Canelo is the other big fight, but as Gennady's team already said, that's only when Canelo moves up to 160. It's up to Canelo, not Gennady. But again Canelo might end up with 160 title, in which case he is a NATURAL target for Gennady.

In short, Gennady STAYS at 160 until he gets ALL TITLES. ALL fighters that fight (and especially have 160 titles) are Gennady's targets.

He will go up or down only for extraordinary opportunity for a single fight (meaning enough money). Those are only Floyd and Froch atm.
              Last edited by Simurgh; 06-08-2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Cotto will mail that belt to GGG. He wants NO part of GGG!

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post

Gennady fights at 160. He will fight at 154 or 168 only for the extraordinary opportunity. And that would be a SINGLE fight, after which he will RETURN to HIS NATURAL WEIGH, which is 160.

Extraordinary opportunity at 154 is Mayweather. He is not calling him out, he is not chasing him.. He only says that he would not have a problem to go down for that fight, if Floyd for whatever reason decides to fight Gannady.

At 168, there is more than a single fight which is attractive. Froch, Chavez (was!) and maybe Ward in the future. Froch because he is PPV, Chavez is he was PPV and Ward when he becomes PPV.

It doesn't make sense to fight Ward for less money than what would he get fighting pretty much anybody at 160. + Ward is at 172 atm.

Cotto is interesting because he is 160 champion + a big name. If he drops the title, Gennady stops chasing him and go after Lee. Canelo is the other big fight, but as Gennady's team already said, that's only when Canelo moves up to 160. It's up to Canelo, not Gennady. But again Canelo might end up with 160 title, in which case he is a NATURAL target for Gennady.

In short, Gennady STAYS at 160 until he gets ALL TITLES. ALL fighters that fight (and especially have 160 titles) are Gennady's targets.

He will go up or down only for extraordinary opportunity for a single fight (meaning enough money). Those are only Floyd and Froch atm.
                  Its refreshing to see that the GGG fans are usually the more mature and intelligent posters on this site and actually have some common sense. GGG haters always make themself look stupid and thats why they usually hide behind alt accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post

Well said Simurgh, you couldn't have made it any clearer.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                      Canelo is the same size as GGG, I don't care that he kills himself to make the weight he does. What is everyone's fixation on Mayweather? Somehow he's the only one that gets crucified yet other guys who are bigger than GGG say the same ****, and it's not nearly as bad? It's everyone's dream fight around Floyd's weight class to fight him. Yet he's never mentioned Mayweather's name after every post-fight interview. So how much is he really clamoring for that fight other than it being just that, a dream fight? And don't give me **** about what Abel has said/been saying; we're talking about Gennady. How often has he brought Floyd's name up without being asked by reporters? ****s sake this **** is annoying. You'll probably say I'm just some bias GGG nuthugger as everyone else on this forum says when they have nothing else to say. I'm a fan yes, but the sport always comes before the boxer. I'll wait for your typical response...
                      I dont have a typical response, unless I am replying to a pac-tard.

OK, Canelo is NOT the same size as Golovkin, that is ridiculous.

Canelo is not a middleweight, has never fought at middleweight, and has never fought a middleweight. The point is, he has never prepared himself for a fight where he could weight as much as 160.

He is close, but saying that he is the same, does not make it so.

That is not being picky, it is being accurate..... your assertion is inaccurate.

When Canelo moves to middleweight, he will obviously take that fight.

Right now, his potential opponents are junior middleweights/Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X