No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: We're After The WBC Title, Not Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: We're After The WBC Title, Not Cotto

Abel Sanchez, trainer of WBA/IBO middleweight champion Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (33-0, 30KOs), says his boxer is not necessarily chasing a fight with Miguel Cotto - but is actually chasing the WBC middleweight title which Cotto currently holds.

Golovkin was ringside on Saturday night at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, as he watched Cotto demolish Daniel Geale in four rounds. Golovkin blasted out Geale in three rounds last year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

For some reason, if Andy Lee had that belt instead of the WBO, I don't think he would be on it so hard.

Comment

If they can't get a seven figure deal, then push them to vacate.

Comment

either Abel or the story author doesnt know what they are talking about. GGG doesnt have to fight anyone for the title. If Cotto vacates or is stripped, as Interim champ GGG gets elevated to full champ.

Comment

What's the point of grabbing the belt if a marquee name isn't attached to it ?

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
            What's the point of grabbing the belt if a marquee name isn't attached to it ?
            because if you have it, sooner or later someone notable will want it.

Thats how Hops got the Tito fight, and it changed his career forever

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
              For some reason, if Andy Lee had that belt instead of the WBO, I don't think he would be on it so hard.
              well he's goine after both lee and cotto so i'm not sure I agree. would he rather fight cotto yes but isn't that common sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                You think some mofo that chavez jr beat could take out triple g lmao hahaha lol omg I'm dying hahaha wtf lol hold up gimme a sec...............hahaha lmao damn damn

Comment

Originally posted by Chiboxing123 View Post
                  You think some mofo that chavez jr beat could take out triple g lmao hahaha lol omg I'm dying hahaha wtf lol hold up gimme a sec...............hahaha lmao damn damn
                  I dont think he meant that Lee beats GGG, I think he meant GGG wouldnt care about the WBC belt as much if it didnt come with the $$$ and attention that Cotto brings.

But he would be wrong. GGG wants all the belts, no matter who has them.

Comment

I may not think that GGG's competition has been that great up to this point, but I do like the seek and destroy attitude he has. Wished that mentality was present in other divisions and fighters.

Here's the dilemma, if Cotto gives GGG step aside money and then loses to Canelo, then the WBC needs to force Canelo to fight GGG next. But contrary to reasonable thought, I don't believe the WBC would take any stance against Canelo, since they would rather see him with the MW title.

Comment

Working...
                    X