Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do all of you bring Compubox stats as valuable argument?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do all of you bring Compubox stats as valuable argument?

"Guerrero landed more than Cotto on Mayweather", "GGG missed 50 jabs from Geale during 2 rounds" and all bull**** like this.
    Anyone who tried to count landed punches by himself knows that compubox stats is irrelevant. If you sit down, carefully watch all the moments and write down your own stats, you will see that it is completely different from compubox.
    So I'm very much suprised that such argument often comes out in conversations in this forum.

Originally posted by Shpacman View Post
    "Guerrero landed more than Cotto on Mayweather", "GGG missed 50 jabs from Geale during 2 rounds" and all bull**** like this.
    Anyone who tried to count landed punches by himself knows that compubox stats is irrelevant. If you sit down, carefully watch all the moments and write down your own stats, you will see that it is completely different from compubox.
    So I'm very much suprised that such argument often comes out in conversations in this forum.
    compubox is borderline terrible but unfortunately it's the only punch stat line that is officially kept, or at least used during telecasts and by the boxing media when it comes to citing punch numbers

Comment

People credit it and discredits it to fit their agendas

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        People credit it and discredits it to fit their agendas
        Lol this is 100% true...I know I've done it before, not gonna front...when dude I'm supporting wins, I'm like, "check the compubox numbers homey, my dude outlanded your dude in 9 of 12 rounds"...but when it's the other way around, I be like "compubox is f**king inaccurate as f**k bro"

Comment

Inaccuracies of compubox aside, even worse IMO is people pointing to total punch counts as who won the fight.

Brb, landing 250 punches in the first round, and now I can just sit on my ass the rest of the fight and win, because I landed more total punches. Amirite guise?

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
            Inaccuracies of compubox aside, even worse IMO is people pointing to total punch counts as who won the fight.

Brb, landing 250 punches in the first round, and now I can just sit on my ass the rest of the fight and win, because I landed more total punches. Amirite guise?
            Becuase it shows who lands more round by round

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work. View Post
              Here's one of the clowns that swears by it

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work. View Post
                And Paulie malignaggi is undefeated,right?

Comment

Even if Compubox is accurate, to use it in an argument would mean that every punch is worth the same. I never use it in my arguments, it's nonsense. It's cool to look at after the fight, but it's meaningless when trying to argue who won a fight

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                    Even if Compubox is accurate, to use it in an argument would mean that every punch is worth the same. I never use it in my arguments, it's nonsense. It's cool to look at after the fight, but it's meaningless when trying to argue who won a fight
                    Close the thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X