Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do all of you bring Compubox stats as valuable argument?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 887
    back in my day ME and my fellow dudes used to score fights with our damn PUPILS!!!!! not no crappy computer animated software and robots!! this aint no game!!!!

dont be a damn flibbitygibbet and watch the fight with your damn eyes that allah gave you what is the obsession with all this fancy ass technology!!!!!!!!
    LOL, there is no high technology behind compubox. There are two dudes, who count thrown and landed punches, one dude for one boxer. The only technology is that thay don't write it on paper, they push the buttons. But at the end it is the same old handed counting.

Comment

Originally posted by el-blanco View Post
      close the thread.
      #ether!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        Here's one of the clowns that swears by it
        Do you do anything else on this site except talk **** to ppl? every time you post youre b1tching about something or acting like youre hot ****. srsly all you do is act like some badass

I didnt say anything about compubox proving someone won, i just said it shows who lands more and who misses, nothing wrong about that.

Inb4 some random keyboard insult

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work. View Post
          Do you do anything else on this site except talk **** to ppl? every time you post youre b1tching about something or acting like youre hot ****. srsly all you do is act like some badass

I didnt say anything about compubox proving someone won, i just said it shows who lands more and who misses, nothing wrong about that.

Inb4 some random keyboard insult
          easy fanboy

Comment

easy fanboy
            Saw that coming, a random insult like usual

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work. View Post
              Saw that coming, a random insult like usual
              Lol am I really hurting your feelings? Here's a list of threads you're in;

Floyd
              TBE
              Lara beats ggg
              Ward
              Mr.mayweather

What happens in those threads? A circle jerk between all you groupies. Now why would I be serious in any of those threads that reak of patheticness? I get along with 90% of the posters and if you were an actual fan and went into other threads you'd see that.

Comment

Lol am I really hurting your feelings? Here's a list of threads you're in;

Floyd
                TBE
                Lara beats ggg
                Ward
                Mr.mayweather

What happens in those threads? A circle jerk between all you groupies. Now why would I be serious in any of those threads that reak of patheticness? I get along with 90% of the posters and if you were an actual fan and went into other threads you'd see that.
                Why are you bringing up random threads? This is a boxing forum, wtf else are you supposed to do except post in threads about boxing?

Comment

They probably aren't that accurate but at least they might be neutral. Judges often score the fight for the name fighter who is in all the future network plans and against the unknown underdog who clearly won the fight. I thought Guerrero clearly lost a reasonably close fight but one judge had him winning 97 to 92 even though he clearly lost some rounds and was knocked down. Usually the punch count won't agree with the crooked judge. As you say the punch count is often way off from what I saw in the ring.

Comment

They're supposed to supplement observations. If you notice that one fighter establishes the jab and used it to good effect in the rounds that he clearly won, it wouldn't hurt to cite the compubox no.

You believe a fighter was outworked by his opponent, it wouldn't hurt to bring up the statistics for the match ups.

I don't agree with forming arguments on compubox alone. We're not dealing with amateur boxing and the system is flawed. I roll my eyes when people form their arguments around the compubox stats. I do not have a problem with people reaching their own conclusions and referencing compubox sparingly.

Comment

the most frustrating thing is that people don't even question its accuracy which is often very far from reality. how can you just accept it as fact? and as someone else said not every punch is created equally so its just the dumbing down of trying to discuss boxing. its the last act of desperation when someone doesn't want to delve too deep into a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X