No announcement yet.

Brain Damage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pretty boy_ View Post
    No need to name call im just saying 90% of all deaths and serious head injurys in the ring has been caused by horse hair gloves. If boxing gets rid of those flimsy ass gloves the death and serious head injury rate will go down dramatically.
    Your grasp of the subject tells me you've narrowly survived innumerous beatings via horse hair gloves. Were they foam gloves you might still have a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by [HORUS] REBORN View Post
      Mosley, Taylor are the most recent inductees. It's not only limited to guys from back in the day.
      James Toney, Shane Mosley speak like winos Floyds probably has brain damage can't read and beats women

Comment

Do yourself a favor and don't listen to the idiots who talk about this "TOE TO TOE" stuff, make sure you use head movement and defense. Boxing Gyms are actually teaching Kids to use head movement and keep their guard up that are some of the first things you actually learn. It is not a Gym around the world that is teaching kids to block punches with their faces.

Comment

Honestly I see Bradley as having future problems. He won't go insane, but he'll lose a distinct ability.

Alvarado + drugs won't last very long.

Comment

Originally posted by PorterIsFuture View Post
            Honestly I see Bradley as having future problems. He won't go insane, but he'll lose a distinct ability.

Alvarado + drugs won't last very long.
            James Kirkland and Angulo if their not careful

Comment

Floyd Mayweather speaks on his physical and mental issues caused by boxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP_fr1bOVU0

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                you mean to tell me that there's brain damage in a sport that literally scores a round based on the effectiveness of punches, or awards a winner when an opponent can't stand for 10 seconds?
                Shocking. .

Comment

I do feel like the odds have went down on serious injuries & deaths in recent years in more regulated regions. I'd imagine the long term stuff is probably the same. Can't be getting hit in the head for several years & not have long term effects. We don't get to see that stuff as much cuz once a guy retires hes mostly out of sight out of mind.

Comment

Great video. Sr is a cool guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
                      Low profile in terms of a third world country where they don't regulate boxing as strictly. Of course all deaths are neither better or worse. My bad for awful paraphrasing. I'm a biomed student, we do tests for all sorts of diseases and not any patient is treated higher than any other no matter how rich or whatever they are. Howver I've been offered placements elsewhere and the treatments or record keeping is nowhere near as good as the uk.

you're not reading my post correctly. this isn't a van damme movie. there are not hundreds of "unregulated boxing deaths" each year.

Comment

Working...
                      X