No announcement yet.

Brain Damage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
    I'm sorry to say that incorrect, in recent times boxing has more deaths than any other sport. I think 250 people a year die from ring inflicted injuries, it is one of the most dangerous sports and as people say "you don't play boxing" and as a result its important to ensure that there are competent officials and referees as well as doctors. In some places like Russia, the doctors are terrible and deaths have occured due to delayed treatment.

I think Kovalev and Mike Perez have also been involved in such traumatic experiences and Perez still hasn't fully recovered.
    250 deaths per year in the ring? Don't be rediculous......
    Last edited by Rockin'; 06-01-2015, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      250 deaths per year in the ring? Don't be rediculous......
      Football is played on a much larger scale, also in many countries records of deaths may not be kept or even revealed so of course the actual number will be much higher.

Comment

Football is played on a much larger scale, also in many countries records of deaths may not be kept or even revealed so of course the actual number will be much higher.
        You're talking a death in a pugilistic ring once every day and a half or so. Again, don't be rediculous.

Comment

I recall reading between 10-20 boxing deaths per year but of course that's for sanctioned, reported cases.

If your definition of boxing expanded to "fistfighting" who knows, hundreds if not thousands.

The entire point is, in effect, punching someone in the brain until they can't stand up.
          Last edited by ////; 06-01-2015, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
            You're talking a death in a pugilistic ring once every day and a half or so. Again, don't be rediculous.
            And do you think those low profile deaths are reported to the people which collect these stats? How about you learn to comprehend what I write, Mr Ridiculous.

Comment

And do you think those low profile deaths are reported to the people which collect these stats? How about you learn to comprehend what I write, Mr Ridiculous.
              'Low Profile' deaths. You mean the back alley fools fighting for ****? I don't remember ever hearing about the Back Alley Boxing Commision.

We're talking SANCTIONED bouts here.

Comment

low profile deaths

i don't want to laugh at something so serious, but the level of ignorance is astounding.

this isn't a van damme movie.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  low profile deaths

i don't want to laugh at something so serious, but the level of ignorance is astounding.

Low profile in terms of a third world country where they don't regulate boxing as strictly. Of course all deaths are neither better or worse. My bad for awful paraphrasing. I'm a biomed student, we do tests for all sorts of diseases and not any patient is treated higher than any other no matter how rich or whatever they are. Howver I've been offered placements elsewhere and the treatments or record keeping is nowhere near as good as the uk.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd slapper View Post
                    I recall reading between 10-20 boxing deaths per year but of course that's for sanctioned, reported cases.

If your definition of boxing expanded to "fistfighting" who knows, hundreds if not thousands.

The entire point is, in effect, punching someone in the brain until they can't stand up.
                    If even 10-20.

I did a lot of research in to the affects that boxing has on the brain. After a good few years of fighting I recognized far too many of the things that were being spoken of in the book.

Amateur boxing, statistically speaking is considered a very safe sport. And it is. It's a rough sport but the officials main concern is the safety of the kids, and they do a good job.

The pros are simply a meat grinder in too many cases.
                    Last edited by Rockin'; 06-01-2015, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      low profile deaths

simply astounding..........

Comment

Working...
                      X