No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Winner of Cotto-Canelo Probably Faces GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    Ya don't get what he is saying. He never said that he's not gonna fight GGG. Geale, Canelo, GGG... that's the order that he wants those fights in and that the WBC has no authority over his career.

"he mando tho" yes we know that. We also know that WBC is "allowing" the canelo fight before the GGG fight.
    Cotto already ducked Canelo, hes not gonna fight him. So theres really no reason to NOT fight GGG...anf yes Cottos "the A-side doe"
    Last edited by wlliam; 06-01-2015, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
      If I was GGG, I would be pissed off at HBO for not demanding that Cotto fight his mandatory after the Geale fight instead of Canelo. By demanding the Canelo fight, HBO gave Cotto an excuse and one to WBC as well. I guess HBO knew damn well that even they could not get Cotto in the ring with GGG and trying to push that fight would have been pointless. It was still a crappy thing to do to GGG, a guy who never refuses an opponent and who fights 4 times a year to great ratings numbers for HBO.
      You of all people know why. It makes business sense to have Cotto vs Canelo first. GGG ain't going anywhere and if the Froch fight gets inked, it will be two mega fights for HBO, with the possible third down the line should GGG beat Froch.

I am a fan of both fighters and can understand GGG's plight, but I also understands he really wants big money and recognition, which he will undoubtedly get in time, no question. Cotto is nearing the end of his career and if gets a Floyd rematch in the future, that will be his swan song. GGG needs to keep fighting and let the fights come to him. He is saying he wants these fights, but he is really towing the company line for HBO, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by wlliam View Post
        Cotto already ducked Canelo, hes not gonna fight him. So theres really no reason to NOT fight GGG...anf yes Cottos "the A-side doe"
        Funny... Canelo walked away cuz he couldn't get a date for that mexican holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
          canelo wont fight ggg but cotto sure will everyone *****ing but ggg doesn't deserve a cotto fight right now after cotto beats canelo then it can be made
          You're so full of ****.
          Cotto is ducking GGG, that's a stone cold fact.
          As stone cold as Cotto will be once Canelo ****s him on the chin!

Cotto is being hunted by two fighters than will take his head off..
          No wonder he's fighting Geale.
          Wasn't Geale's last fight a knockout loss to Golovkin?!
          Add it up!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            Funny... Canelo walked away cuz he couldn't get a date for that mexican holiday.
            Weve already been down this road, do you remember Canelo-Cotto(or rather Cotto-canelo for you A-side stans) would have moved the date to accomodate Floyd-Pac?

Comment

We have gotten a glimpse into GGG's team train of thought, and they are gonna demand to be A-side, Cotto's team is gonna demand to be A-side also. Do you really think this fight can be made...

Comment

Weve already been down this road, do you remember Canelo-Cotto(or rather Cotto-canelo for you A-side stans) would have moved the date to accomodate Floyd-Pac?
                Do you think another PPV on 5/09, right after May/Pac on 5/02 would sell? Even with the Mex/PR rivalry story?

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
                  You of all people know why. It makes business sense to have Cotto vs Canelo first. GGG ain't going anywhere and if the Froch fight gets inked, it will be two mega fights for HBO, with the possible third down the line should GGG beat Froch.

I am a fan of both fighters and can understand GGG's plight, but I also understands he really wants big money and recognition, which he will undoubtedly get in time, no question. Cotto is nearing the end of his career and if gets a Floyd rematch in the future, that will be his swan song. GGG needs to keep fighting and let the fights come to him. He is saying he wants these fights, but he is really towing the company line for HBO, that's all.

Cotto is not getting a rematch with Floyd and people really have to stop with that BS. There is as much chance of that as there is of a Floyd - GGG fight. It simply is not going to happen.

As for Golovkin, he is tired of waiting. He waited too long when he was in Germany and there is no reason for him to be waiting now for a mandatory fight which he deserves more than anyone else. He earned his shot and Cotto is a little b_itch for not standing up like a man and giving it to him.

And where the Cotto - Canelo fight is concerned, I will believe it when the contracts are signed and a date and venue have been announced. Until then, it is no more than a proposal.

We all know that Cotto will NEVER fight Golovkin and he should just admit it and vacate the title he does not deserve to hold. From his own words, it means very little to him in any case. I consider Cotto to be the most undeserving champion I can ever remember and have absolutely no respect for him.

Comment

Yes we have. If floyd didn't fight pacquiao? Then what? He would STILL be fighting cinco de mayo weekend.

What is more profitable for Cotto?

A. Competing vs floyd in a cinco de mayo weekend ppv with Canelo

B. Fighting Canelo june 6th vs no other ppv

hhmmmmm ill take option B for more money and no competition in ppv sales thank you very much.

Comment

Didn't Cotto just say he would vacate if the WBC tried to make him fight Golovkin? He said he would "save the 3% fee" or something like that? Cotto and Freddie need to get their story straight, because Cotto is running around saying he's not fighting GGG and Freddie is saying he is. I'm gonna believe Cotto here, since Freddie has a track record of running off at the mouth with BS that's not true.

Comment

Working...
                      X