Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch vs Calzaghe: Should Joe Come Out of Retirement For 1 Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch vs Calzaghe: Should Joe Come Out of Retirement For 1 Fight?

Froch and Calzaghe recently had some Twitter beef. Calzaghe said Degale would beat Froch, then Froch replied by saying Joe ducked him years ago.

Things might be reaching boiling point again between the pair and while Joe has been retired for 7 years, a fight between them would still surely generate a large amount of interest since Joe has remained in the public eye on and off over the years, he's still a known personality and his achievements are widely recognized.

A fight which would almost certainly result in large paydays for both fighters. Could it even be Wembley material with a 40k + crowd? Perhaps not, but would do you think - do you want to see Calzaghe come out of retirement for 1 fight and face a slightly faded and battle-worn Froch?
    YES - Joe Calzaghe should fight Carl Froch - I want to see it
    37.14%
    NO - Joe Calzaghe should NOT fight Froch - I don't want to see it
    62.86%
    Last edited by FlatLine; 05-25-2015, 11:23 AM.

He wouldn't even fight Froch when he was still active and Froch was a top prospect or when Froch won a world title just as he retired. He isn't going to fight him now unless he has no money to feed his coke addiction.

Comment

Set it up, fight the Cobra!

Comment

Should Lennox Lewis come out of retirement to fight Tyson Fury?

Comment

he wasnt willing to take risky fights in his prime, he sure as hell isnt going to do it now.

Comment

No, I got no interest in a faded Calzaghe coming back..

But I imagine that it would be the biggest fight in UK history, and calzaghe would vault up ATG rankings if he somehow pulled off a win

But I'm pretty sure this would be like leonard-Camacho..

Comment

He should jump at the opportunity.

Smash Froch's nose in and make millions.

Comment

It would be a ******ed decision from him to come back now from such a long lay off all that sudden against Froch.
                Calzaghe should stay in retirement and he will.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  Should Lennox Lewis come out of retirement to fight Tyson Fury?
                  Lewis said he'd come out of retirement for $100M and rearrange Vitali's face again. Everyone has a price.

Comment

Lets say Joe does come out of retirement for just one fight. And that fight is Carl. What does that do to Joe's ATG status if he does indeed beat Carl? Its a long a$$ reach but worth the price of admission IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X