Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roman Gonzalez: P4P #2 and Undefeated? That's TOTAL CRAP!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman Gonzalez: P4P #2 and Undefeated? That's TOTAL CRAP!

Let me just say, I appreciate Roman Gonzalez tenacity and his fighting style. He reminds me of the fighters of the older generations where they showed great skill but also employed the attitude to constantly find a way to end their opponent in dramatic fashion. His recent fight on the undercard of Gennady Golovkin against Edgar Sosa was a great display of skill, power and action against a former champion. To show the ability to get him out of there in 2 rounds was spectacular and noteworthy.

However, he is not what the powers that be is trying to tell the public and boxing ignorant. His style is casual friendly but the guy is being hyped up more than he deserve to be at this point. Basically putting this guy at P4P #2 is absolutely wrong and premature. People lets not forget what happened last time. You guys are creating another #48(Pacquiao) situation where American viewers are told this guy is the most exciting fighter to watch and also has top notch skill much above their competition. He's not meant to be there just yet.. not just yet.

There should be protest about this guy's place on the P4P list, as he has legitimately been outboxed , outskilled and beaten before soundly. We do not need another premature hyped fighter where he is not what the narrative said about him matches up with his overall career. He is not an undefeated fighter in this sport, he has been gifted. The Mexican Juan Francisco Estrada should be P4P #2 if we all feel Roman Gonzalez should have that position. He legitimately beaten and outclassed Gonzalez in their showdown.

Yes, just like the narrative between #48 and the Great Professor Juan Manuel Marquez, one fighter has rightfully won but been thrown into the abyss of shadows after being robbed to promote the fighter the powers that be wants to bring to American audience forefront and collect their dollars. Talk of a rematch forgotten and years go by. Juan Francisco Estrado continues to outbox and stop his opponents in beautiful technical fashion but gets no coverage or promotion to build his fanbase. Roman Gonzalez however gets to take on less opponents for more exposure and fed to the global community for bigger pay checks, hoping to drown out any talk of a rematch.

He's not undefeated, and definitely not P4P #2. Watch the fight for yourself and you will see how beautiful Juan Estrado neutralize and outboxed Gonzalez.

One last point. A more secure and correct P4P list that has Gonzalez on it should look like this.

1) Floyd Mayweather
    2) Guillermo Rigondeaux
    3) Wladimir Klitschko
    4) Terrence Crawford
    5) Juan Estrada Francisco
    6) Timothy Bradley
    7) Juan Manuel Marquez
    8) Roman Gonzalez
    9) Sergey Kovalev
    10) Carl Froch
    48) Manny Pacquiao

Lets be clear folks, and not make the same mistake so soon.
    Absolutely, he's more skilled.
    66.67%
    No, he's been outboxed and outfought
    33.33%
    Last edited by Brickyardigan; 05-21-2015, 02:56 AM.

He isn't number 2 but def somewhere in the top ten fighters of the world

Comment

which publication has him ranked #2 on their p4p list?

Comment

"There should be a protest"

Its a mythical list. You can have Audley Harrison on there if you want.

I personally wouldn't put Gonzales at number 2. People were getting a little too excited over what was a showcase fight.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
          which publication has him ranked #2 on their p4p list?
          I'm basing this off Boxingscene.com p4p list. They also have Golovkin in the top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            "There should be a protest"

Its a mythical list. You can have Audley Harrison on there if you want.

I personally wouldn't put Gonzales at number 2. People were getting a little too excited over what was a showcase fight.
            I hate the argument of "It's a mythical list so anything should be allowed" because it's not true.

The list is based off all around skill, and how dominant one fighter can be over all weight class if all was the same size. Sugar Ray Robinson was the reason it was created because of his dominance and skill being translated in several weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Brickyardigan View Post
              I hate the argument of "It's a mythical list so anything should be allowed" because it's not true.

The list is based off all around skill, and how dominant one fighter can be over all weight class if all was the same size. Sugar Ray Robinson was the reason it was created because of his dominance and skill being translated in several weight classes.
              It is true because there's no definitive list. It's people's opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                It is true because there's no definitive list. It's people's opinions.
                Yeah people opinions based on the spectrum of boxing skill and weight divisions. So accuracy is pretty much needed when putting together any one person's list. Even one of the most respected opinionated people Jim Lampley made himself a Gatti list to separate his bias from his creation or opinion on a p4p list.

Comment

Originally posted by Brickyardigan View Post
                  I'm basing this off Boxingscene.com p4p list. They also have Golovkin in the top 5.
                  Yea Bscene list is one of the worst right up there with boxrec ... on boxrec Canelo is ranked #3 behind Vlad and Floyd if Lara got tghe decision against Nelo he'd be ranked #3 in the world according to Boxrec... also Rigo is ranked #25 in the world behind k9 bundrage haha that list is a joke... whats the point even?
                  Last edited by brickcityboxing; 05-21-2015, 02:26 AM.

Comment

He beat Estrada's ass and would do so much more in a rematch. The only reason a rematch is talked of is because he is the only fighter in recent times to be somewhat competitive in parts.

And absolutely he is more skilled than Estrada both offensively and defensively and its not particularly close.

I won't knock anyone for having him as p4p #2 if you're taking not just his resume but his skillset also into consideration.

Comment

Working...
                    X