Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roman Gonzalez: P4P #2 and Undefeated? That's TOTAL CRAP!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goodvibes View Post
    You talk about prematurely hyping a fighter.. Yet put Rigondeaux as #2 P4P? The heck?

Rigo is good, but get real. The guy is 30 years old with only 15 pro fights. He got dropped TWICE against some dude from Japan. His only nameworthy opponent he beat was Donaire. Oh yeah, he got dropped in that fight too.

People shouldn't make P4P lists off of hype.
    I'm not sure getting dropped is a good enough reason to push a guy down the list, when that guy gets up and completely dominates the remainder of the fight.

Rigo is for real. He is probably post-prime but he's still far too scary for the other 122lb belt holders to go anywhere near him.

Comment

But you have Rigo, with only 15 fights, at number 2 instead? He will probably retire with less than 20 the way he is going and that won't even get him in the HoF. Yes, he's an excellent fighter but he needs to fight a lot more before being deserving of a top 5 spot in my eyes. He has fewer fights than any top 10 fighter in his division!

Comment

Although I do agree with certain points the OP made(shocking, I know), Estrada was beat in their clash. Although he did give a strong account for himself in the initial half of the fight or so, he faded and Roman steadily increased his work rate while retaining accuracy and power.

Roman may be a tad bit overrated in my book as well, but to say he's simply being hyped up in order to make him some type of boogieman is not true. The man is tough, gritty and possess one of the best skill sets for his style in the entire sport, regardless of weight class.

Roman himself acknowledges his defensive flaws and has looked stellar in that department as of 2 fights ago. Perhaps it's due to the limited level of competition that has stood in front of him recently, but if you don't see a change from 3 fights ago when he was also facing a limited fighter in Fuentes, up until this past weekend, I wouldn't know what to tell you.

Comment

Cong**** Roman you have officially made it into stardom.

Comment

I thought number 2 was abit high too.

maybe somewhere between 5-10

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
              I thought number 2 was abit high too.

maybe somewhere between 5-10
              Which 5 are better?

Comment

He should be number 1 at least he fights not back peddling against a one arm fighter

Comment

People arguing P4P lists LOL

They are lists made from OPINIONS! Yes OPINIONS!

They hold no merit, and never have. You can find all the backward lists you want, correct them to your liking, and to many your lists will look like sh|t also.

Comment

Roman is a thing of beauty. He comes forward with a lot of technic mixed with tricky defense. He just don't stay outside and box you

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                      Although I do agree with certain points the OP made(shocking, I know), Estrada was beat in their clash. Although he did give a strong account for himself in the initial half of the fight or so, he faded and Roman steadily increased his work rate while retaining accuracy and power.

Roman may be a tad bit overrated in my book as well, but to say he's simply being hyped up in order to make him some type of boogieman is not true. The man is tough, gritty and possess one of the best skill sets for his style in the entire sport, regardless of weight class.

Roman himself acknowledges his defensive flaws and has looked stellar in that department as of 2 fights ago. Perhaps it's due to the limited level of competition that has stood in front of him recently, but if you don't see a change from 3 fights ago when he was also facing a limited fighter in Fuentes, up until this past weekend, I wouldn't know what to tell you.
                      He is not over-rated. He has so many moves and has a high boxing IQ. He needs better competition

Comment

Working...
                      X