Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing is DEAD!!! - True or False?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not dead. The fact that 4 million people bought the last pay per view tells you that boxing is alive and strong. Plus Mayweather just signed a 5 fight deal so.....

Comment

Of course boxing is Not dead. But asking this on a boxing forum seems pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by pretty boy_ View Post
        It's not dead. The fact that 4 million people bought the last pay per view tells you that boxing is alive and strong. Plus Mayweather just signed a 5 fight deal so.....
        What 5 fight deal did he sign now?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          Casual fans for the most part only know two attributes, speed and power. On that bases alone they thought Pacquiao could win. I don't even care that they wasted their money.
          What's the difference between hardcore and casual other than an opinion? They can both watch the same fight and draw their own conclusions, which would be valid.

Comment

It's as dead as hip-hop and rock and roll.

Seriously, if anything is going to kill boxing it'll be the politics and protectionism.

Also, you Americans paid $100 dollars for the Mayweather fight? You're getting ripped off. It was only 20 quid over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bald Shavers View Post
              Boxing is DEAD!!! - True or False?
              Boxing the sport is not dead. Boxing-the art of hitting and not getting hit is being killed off by certain promoters and networks in favor of mindless brawling that "excites" viewers and gets ratings.

Comment

We just had the biggest fight in fighting history. No boxing is alive and kicking! Everywhere I go people are obsessed with saying that it's dead. I don't understand why people say it.

If there we're only 100 boxers in the world, I'd still watch it. So no, it can't die.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Rubber View Post
                  What's the difference between hardcore and casual other than an opinion? They can both watch the same fight and draw their own conclusions, which would be valid.
                  Casual fans don't live vicariously through their favourite boxers to the extent that even the slightest criticism is considered an existential threat to their egos.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Rubber View Post
                    The difference is boxing fans see a game of chess, casuals see a game of checkers.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                      The difference is boxing fans see a game of chess, casuals see a game of checkers.
                      I don't even know what casuals see anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X