Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments thread for: Ann Wolfe, Raw & Uncut (on Kirkland's KO loss)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet to see a fighter horse-whipped in the ring.

Experience a different kind of pain?

Irrelevant type of pain is another way of looking at it.

What else could she do? Set him on fire. Surprise him with a defibrillator when he is doing sit ups. Mace him?

The facts speak for themselves and she is a great trainer for him but you can see how even fighters would be wary of her based on that.

Imagine if she trained Amir Khan. He might still get sparked now and again but would tell us that he could take a world class horse whipping and whilst he might not see a left hook he can take an old fashioned mace-ing with ease.

Comment

lol Ann Wolfe is no joke.

The thing is that I don't buy with Kirkland is he said his main reason for changing trainers for this fight was because he needed new dimensions, new angles, and things to learn that Wolfe wasn't providing him. He was basically saying, he needed to step it up for Canelo as if Wolfe couldn't do that for him. Yet when did Wolfe fail him as a trainer? They are undefeated together...

Now on to the fight. Where the hell was what he was suppose to learn with a new trainer? I didn't see anything different than the Ann Wolfe trained Kirkland except maybe a bit more sloppier and less aura of animal in him. The Ann Wolfe trained Kirkland is demon possessed that cannot be broken down.

Why the hell wouldn't he want to go thru the rigorous training camp when this fight was for all the marbles? Bad move James, bad move.

Comment

The only difference we would've seen with Wolfe in Kirkland's corner is that James would've had better conditioning to receive more punches in those three rounds he lasted. But it would have been the exact same outcome, and that's not to take anything away from Kirkland or Wolfe.

Comment

I'm tired of this ****.

Ann Wolf is not the solution She is the problem.

Kirkland would have gotten killed no matter what. He has no boxing skill. He threw a lead straght left then kept it out there and jabbed with it. That's terrible boxing. A guy as seasoned as Canelo will take advantage of that every time.

It doesn't matter how tough you are. If your chin can't take the punishment then it's a lost Cause.

Comment

Have to disagree with Ann on this one. The reason Kirkland lost wasn't because he wasn't put through hell, it was because he faced a much better fighter. Even when he was KO'd by Ishida, people don't realize that Ishida walks around as high as 200 lbs. He may not be a huge puncher, but he's skilled and caught Kirkland early and he never recovered.

There's nothing Wolfe would have done to give a different outcome. So maybe Kirkland would have been in better shape, but 1 week out he was almost at weight which tells me he was working really hard.

Canelo is just on another level and it showed. BTW, it wasn't the uppercut that beat Kirkland, it was the left hook. That's what landed first and seriously hurt Kirkland to the point where he couldn't recover.

I also don't approve of the methods by Wolfe. One thing is pushing your fighters and being tough, another is beating them with jump ropes. That's just ****** and makes no sense. There have been many great and tough fighters and they weren't beat with ropes and medicine balls to win.

Just nonsense and over doing it. Maybe if she focused more on the science of the sport and technique, Kirkland would have evolved. Instead he's the same fighter he's always been because she want's a bar fight and boxing isn't about who is just tougher. It's about toughness, skill, endurance ALL of that.

Comment

Sometimes I wake up at 3AM in a cold sweat when I remember that Ann Wolf lives in the same state as I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Spit Dialect View Post
                Have to disagree with Ann on this one. The reason Kirkland lost wasn't because he wasn't put through hell, it was because he faced a much better fighter. Even when he was KO'd by Ishida, people don't realize that Ishida walks around as high as 200 lbs. He may not be a huge puncher, but he's skilled and caught Kirkland early and he never recovered.

There's nothing Wolfe would have done to give a different outcome. So maybe Kirkland would have been in better shape, but 1 week out he was almost at weight which tells me he was working really hard.

Canelo is just on another level and it showed. BTW, it wasn't the uppercut that beat Kirkland, it was the left hook. That's what landed first and seriously hurt Kirkland to the point where he couldn't recover.

I also don't approve of the methods by Wolfe. One thing is pushing your fighters and being tough, another is beating them with jump ropes. That's just ****** and makes no sense. There have been many great and tough fighters and they weren't beat with ropes and medicine balls to win.

Just nonsense and over doing it. Maybe if she focused more on the science of the sport and technique, Kirkland would have evolved. Instead he's the same fighter he's always been because she want's a bar fight and boxing isn't about who is just tougher. It's about toughness, skill, endurance ALL of that.
                His lack of evolution is'nt all Ann's fault. Kirkland lost the better part of 5 years due to prison stints. I mean really the guy lost 6+ years due to ****** **** in general and he is only 31. Better than half of his pro career has been lost.

Comment

Kirkland wanted the paycheck IMO, no version of Kirkland beats Canelo but look at his career. He win a Decent fight, get a decent payday and run into trouble or disappears then shows back up likely when he needs more money

Comment

Interesting. But Wolfe would not have mattered in this fight. Kirkland can't beat Canelo.

Nice thread.

Comment

The most important thing she said is that she would have made Kirkland take a couple of fights before Canelo. Canelo would win regardless but he probably would have had to endure more in winning.

Comment

Working...
                      X