Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Wanted Delay: Healthy Pacquiao Beats Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im a fan of Pac, i wanna make that clear and i was rooting for Pac this weekend, but by no means am i a Pactrrd.

For all the trrds, i absolutely dont wanna hear anything about the Castillo bout ANYMORE. The instant you bring up Pacs "shoulder injury" you have ABSUTELY NO CASE to make against Floyd regarding the 1st Castillo bout,especially if youre gonna claim Pac beat Floyd and hes a warrior for fighting with "one arm".

Comment

• Kellerman asked Pacquiao why he didn't attack Mayweather with the same ferocity we are used to see him attack and Manny didn't say anything about his injury.

Comment

• Rematch will do less than 800,000 ppvs

Who would buy the next fight at ANY price? All those that bought the fight were cheated off $89 or $99! The only people that want to see the rematch are pacquiao fans or fans that will only watch it if its FREE and that's not gonna happen. Mayweather's only option fighting in september is to fight Golovkin or fight at another date because Canelo will take over the May and September dates. Oh and one more thing. To those pacquiao fans that gave Marquez a hard time because he CRIED foul on the decisions against pacquiao, look who's CRYING now and not only that, he is MAKING EXCUSES weather truthful or not HE cheated the fans of their hard earned money!! WHY is it that BOTH Roach and pacquiao say try that mayweather RAN all fight long? As if they didn't know that's what he's been doing his whole career!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFan82 View Post
          Sergio's serious knee problems were well-known before the Cotto fight. His surgery was publicized, as was the fact that he was walking on crutches for a good while after the surgery. He was on record stating "I feared I would never walk again." He entered the ring against Cotto wearing braces on both knees.

To Sergio's credit, he never used his knees as an excuse. He admitted he was hurt by Cotto and even though it was obvious in the fight that his knees were not holding up, he accepted defeat like a champion.

Pacquiao on the other hand:
          • Didn't inform the NSAC or USADA about an injury before the fight.
          • Swore under penalty of perjury that he had not been injured.
          • Threw punches and never showed any obvious signs of being in pain or injured.
          • To my knowledge, never indicated to his corner that he was in pain or injured between rounds.
          • Raised his arms while sitting on the stool and raised his arms in victory after the fight, something somebody with a torn rotator cuff would normally find painful if not impossible.
          • Didn't seem to seek immediate attention for his shoulder after the fight was over.
          • Only claimed an injury after he lost.

Sergio didn't make any excuses but reasonable fans, knowing about his knees, were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Manny is making excuse after excuse but unreasonably expects the fans he wasn't forthcoming with to give him the benefit of the doubt.

The problem is trust. Given everything we already know, it's really difficult to trust anything that's coming out of Pacquiao's camp.

In my opinion, Pacquiao is a disgrace to boxing. He doesn't deserve to be compared in any way for any reason to somebody like Sergio Martinez.
          I hear you man. Honestly. Its just that when Floyd made literally the exact same excuse for looking like **** against Castillo in the first fight, nobody cared. This is the same situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay Volcano View Post
            Kellerman asked Pacquiao why he didn't attack Mayweather with the same ferocity we are used to see him attack and Manny didn't say anything about his injury.
            The injury didn't come until they all went back to the dressing room and discussed what kind of excuse they could use best,at the press conference after the fight that's when the injury appeared

Comment

• Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
              Manny told the athletic commission before the fight and he isn't obligated to disclosehis medical Information to anyone. He thought his shoulder would hold up but he re aggrevated it in the 3rd. How is what Manny did dishonest? Floyd barely beat a one armed pacquiao and I'm not sure he did beat him. After going back and watching it again, many punches that I thought mayweather landed were actually deflected by pacquiao, including when he had pacquiao on the ropes and appeared to be teeing off, yet every punch was blocked. Mannys punches were much more effective and you could hear them thumping. Mayweather didn't hurt pacquiao once. Pacquiao hurt him many times. Mayweather is going down in a rematch
              Buddy, you win the prize! I think you put your forehead on the tip of a bat and spun around for 10 mins then wrote your dick ridin post! Its one thing to be a fan, then another too be a fanatic! you guys weren't this up in arms over the loss to Bradley, and he clearly lost this fight! Excuses are excuses, if the problem was as bad as stated then his inept team should have postponed the fight! This whole side of the equation(Manny / roach/top rank / his fans) are ruining the sport! and that's the sad part about it - you only care about 1 fighter when there are many many more to move on to and give support. Manny and Roach where taking selfies during their ring walk(a freakin selfie)- Manny had no clue, nor did the joke coach Roach! swallow it and move on

Comment

• Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
                Manny told the athletic commission before the fight and he isn't obligated to disclosehis medical Information to anyone. He thought his shoulder would hold up but he re aggrevated it in the 3rd. How is what Manny did dishonest? Floyd barely beat a one armed pacquiao and I'm not sure he did beat him. After going back and watching it again, many punches that I thought mayweather landed were actually deflected by pacquiao, including when he had pacquiao on the ropes and appeared to be teeing off, yet every punch was blocked. Mannys punches were much more effective and you could hear them thumping. Mayweather didn't hurt pacquiao once. Pacquiao hurt him many times. Mayweather is going down in a rematch
                Are you still living? Manny got schooled, period. Manny did worse than Cotto, Canelo, and Maidana, and even worse, he came up with some bull**** excuise after the win! When asked by Kellerman, did Manny say anything about his shoulder? NO! Manny thought he won the fight! Manny is the worst excuse for a champion EVER! He not only lost, he went on to cast dispersion on his entire sport! That's sad. and you should kill yourself immediately!
                Last edited by Bronx2245; 05-05-2015, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_BIG_HURT View Post
                  I hear you man. Honestly. Its just that when Floyd made literally the exact same excuse for looking like **** against Castillo in the first fight, nobody cared. This is the same situation.
                  Floyd won the fight against Castillo, and gave him an immediate rematch, and dissed him again. Manny lost the fight, and used his injury as an excuse, and honestly, he doesn't deserve a rematch until he proves himself worthy in the WW division. Manny has been getting over on the public for a minute. Go check Bradley's record at 147! Check and see how many fights Ruslan had at 147 before he nearly killed Bradley! Go check Marquez's record at 147 (and watch the Mayweather vs. Marquez fight too). Check to see how many fights Rios had at 147! Check and see how many fights Algeri had at 147! Manny is/was a HYPE JOB at 147. He belongs back @ 140, and I highly doubt if he could beat Crawford at 140!

Comment

• The funniest thing is when Pac said in the post fight interview "if he stay I can throw punches and hit him"
                    F_CKING REALLY PAC???

Does Pac just expect someone to stay still so he can hit them WTF...
                    That's why he fights fighters like Margarito, Rios, etc....fighters with no movement..

Floyd schooled him defensively and pot shotted him all night...Easy $$

If a rematch happens it'll be more of a schooling cuz now Floyd knows Manny can't touch him

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_BIG_HURT View Post
                      I think it's fair to classify Floyd's victory over Castillo in their first fight a "gift" but the circumstances surrounding that fight were very different:
                      • Mayweather was heard complaining about his shoulder to his corner in between rounds.
                      • Despite being declared the winner, Floyd immediately mentioned his rotator cuff to Larry Merchant in the post-fight interview.
                      • According to Floyd, his shoulder was initially injured on the last day of training, so it's reasonable to assume that there was some question as to the extent of the injury.

Contrast this with Mayweather-Pacquaio:
                      • I don't believe there was any mention of an injury during the fight. I'm pretty sure if Pacquiao said something in between rounds, it would have been overheard and noted.
                      • Pacquiao didn't say anything about his injury in the post-fight interview. He said "It's a good fight. I thought I won the fight." Max Kellerman gave him numerous opportunities to mention the injury by asking why he didn't fight with ferocity or throw punches but his response was "I got him many times" and "He was moving around. It's not easy to throw a lot of punches if he's moving around but if he stay I can throw a lot of punches."
                      • Manny claims he was injured weeks before the fight, advised to rest 30-40 days and was taking medication. If true, there's no way the extent of his injury was not known well in advance of the fight.

Bottom line: this is a circus. The stories that keep coming out of Pacquiao's camp don't add up and in addition to tarnishing his reputation, I'm afraid Pacquiao has tarnished boxing. It's unbelievable that he and his camp would have the audacity to pull this nonsense in a fight that people paid hundreds of millions of dollars to see.

Comment

Working...
                      X