Castillo I
      Maidana I
      Cotto
      Augustus
      Chavez

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
        Would you order them that way, dan?

That's a tough question. I feel Maidana was tougher than Cotto overall as it was more sustained but Cotto fought the better fight & had the better moments. Maidana did a lot of good work but at the same time smothered his own work.
        Kind of the same with Chavez & Hatton. I think Chavez did the better work in particular to the body but Hatton was the tougher fight because he took Floyd out of his comfort zone and made him work every second of every round and made it real rough & physical in there.

In actual order of the toughest I'd go with; Castillo 1, Maidana 1, Cotto, Hatton, Chavez

Comment

I would have to agree with this here. Each fighter pushed him. Although he stopped Jesus Chavez --which was a hell of a fight.
          yo, i was but a wee baya when i saw that fight live in the graham auditorium in SF.

what i remember from that night was chaves pressing him but mayweather just evading and landing shot after shot after shot. it wasn't competitive at all for me, jesus just kept moving, dude had a gas tank on him.

Comment

It's funny that the 4 fights that most of the public said were the most risky and dangerous were Corrales, Mosley, Canelo and Pacquaio and he beat all of them easily.

And the somewhat routine victories most of the public expected in Castillo, Maidana, Cotto, Chavez were his tougher fights.

What's that thing that Roger Mayweather says about people and knowing about boxing?

Comment

With #48 in the bank --and on the surgeon's table, apparently-- how would you rate his top 5 toughest opponents now?
              1. GGG never happens Floyd gets knock out
              2 Lara won't fight Lara to tall and lanky with good foot work
              3 Thurman won't happen Thurman is too young but Thurman would lose cause he leaves himself open
              4 Errol Spence to young another Canelo repeat
              5 Tim Bradley his stamina and able to take a punch won't happen Bradley will probably do 500K PPV losing money to Show time. Even though a GGG fight would probably dwarf the Pacquaio PPV Floyd will result to Health come first and he can't wait for GGG to become wash up in 5 years like he did Pacquaio cause Floyd will be the one who's wash up in 5 years

Comment

1- Castillo 1
                2- Maidana 1
                3- Augustus
                4- Cotto
                5- De La Hoya

Comment

I would say only the 1st maidana and 1st Castillo fights were tough. He dominated the rest.

Comment

Castillo, Cotto, Maidana, Chavez, Augustus.

No coincidence that the first 3 were all much bigger guys, that's really your only chance.

Comment

why is everyone saying Chaves over De La Hoya? He had real trouble with De La Hoya and I dont see Chaves as giving him real trouble...just a massive amount of pressure.,..but if you look, he was VERY well under control and that shoulder roll worked perfectly against the short Chaves

Comment

Working...
                      X