Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Video] Roach talks about sparring R. Mayweather, quotes racist remark from G. Haugen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
    Listen Kid, you don't get the point, and i don't think you ever will.

Race baiting is bad taste in journalism
    , think about it and find a way to spin it so you can look even more foolish on your next response.
    It's not race baiting when it's the truth. Look how comfortable Roach was when he said *******. He said it like it's something he says all the time. But that's beside the point, you seem to be more angry at the title than what was said.

Remember when Roach said some ill-fated remarks towards Mexicans and Jews? He said something along the lines of "fu*king Mexican" and "****ing Jew" in a little tirade he had? Those aren't racist remarks, yet every boxing outlet in the world was talking about how Roach went on a horrible KKK fueled racist rant. It's part of media because controversy sells. It's not in bad taste in the media circles, in fact, it's ENCOURAGED.

Comment

Y'all must have forgot

Roger was a legit world title level fighter... He could bomb away with the right..

Was part of a bunch of entertaining bouts and won 2 world titles in 2 different division..

Outside of pernell, chavez and Camacho,,, roger was probably the best dude mid to late 80s..
      Not a hall of fame career, but a very good career

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMacAttack View Post
        I agree 100% that race baiting is deplorable in journalism. To call this guy a journalist is a huge stretch though.
        Lol, no kidding right.

Comment

Originally posted by Obayifo View Post
          I never claimed that Roger is a better trainer, even if it's true. I simply wanted to share an interesting video. Why is that so upsetting to you?
          Props for the video. Not upset.

Comment

It's not race baiting when it's the truth. Look how comfortable Roach was when he said *******. He said it like it's something he says all the time. But that's beside the point, you seem to be more angry at the title than what was said.

Remember when Roach said some ill-fated remarks towards Mexicans and Jews? He said something along the lines of "fu*king Mexican" and "****ing Jew" in a little tirade he had? Those aren't racist remarks, yet every boxing outlet in the world was talking about how Roach went on a horrible KKK fueled racist rant. It's part of media because controversy sells. It's not in bad taste in the media circles, in fact, it's ENCOURAGED.
            Roach is from Cali. Not some hick fuking town still stuck 60 years behind time. But id have to imagine that hes probably counting his lucky stars that YOU gave him a free pass on it though!

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
              Roach is from Cali. Not some hick fuking town still stuck 60 years behind time. But id have to imagine that hes probably counting his lucky stars that YOU gave him a free pass on it though!
              He was telling his story, I have no right to discourage him from telling HIS story. I will, however, point out when something he says is ignorant or bigoted. In this case, I didn't like how he said it, but I don't have an issue with it because I feel it was needed to tell the whole story. You need to understand I didn't write the title of the video, the person who uploaded it did.

Comment

Bump.........

Comment

Originally posted by nerd slapper View Post
                  damn imagine how relieved freddie is that you gave him a pass 'yamba

Comment

lol I am far from a Roach fan but it's a good anecdote. I sometimes wonder if people either have no experience in gyms or if the gyms I been to are just wayyyyyy less politically correct than most of the others. Because there's always racial and ethnic talk where I've been to. But the gym is like a prison or a battlefield. A lot of that stuff you leave there. You don't post it on twitter or say it at work unless you work...at a prison or gym or battlefield.

Comment

I see the title, and it's the difference between 100k views and 289 views. Dontae knows how to title his videos with controversy in mind. It's a common media tactic. And it works, hell, I'd be lying if I said that the nature of the title itself didn't draw me to watching the video.

It's the same as some boxing sources that post things like this -

Comments Thread For: Chavez vs Alvarez confirmed for May 2nd. And then when you click the thread it says this -

Jose Chavez and Pedro Alvarez are scheduled to fight on the undercard of so and so. You get the point.
                      Well that shows how much of a boxing fan you are....I haven't watched the video yet and was not going to if it was just Roach quoting someone else.....But Roach talking about sparring the Mayweathers....now that's interesting and draws me in.

Comment

Working...
                      X