Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any real boxing fans on here that aren't race supporters or am I the only one?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obayifo View Post
    Care to elaborate? I've lurked around this place for a couple of weeks and haven't really noticed it. Perhaps it's the opposite, and you only take offense when black boxing fans appreciate their fellow black boxers. People tend to feel more intimidated by it more so than when people of other backgrounds band together and support their own.
    I've seen it a lot. A common example is Manny Steward & John Jackson being called traitors for training Wladimir & Kovalev.

I think you would be purged pretty quickly if you said something like "Why is Roach giving his secrets to an Asian. He isn't one of us."

What's odd is larryx and brush seem to take a lot of the heat... And they don't seem racist at all compared to the ones I'm thinking of. Guess they're just troll magnets.

Comment

Originally posted by Obayifo View Post
      So you believe that Caucasian American males should not appreciate Floyd even though they are both American? Why does it bother you so much?
      I didn't say it bothers me, it's just funny

Some people would find your nationalism just as offensive as you find racism

At least racism has some material reproductive point... Nationalism is just people killing each other recreationally over lines that change every few years... I guess it's all perspective
      Last edited by ////; 04-24-2015, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd slapper View Post
        I didn't say it bothers me, it's just funny

Some people would find your nationalism just as offensive as you find racism
        Nationalism would also imply that I believe that fighters of other nationalities are inferior. Here lies the problem, there's no need to believe that when you could just look at the sport's history and its current state and get a definitive answer. It's not that other countries are bad at boxing, it's just that America produces such great boxers.

Comment

If you think America is still on top of the boxing world then it's surely rooted in nationalism... Because that's just not the case.

Historically it was but that was because it was one of the handful of countries (and by far the largest of them) that even had a pro boxing infrastructure. That's like saying historically Americans ruled the MLB.

Comment

I could careless about nationality or race..

I'm a fan of boxing
            Ricky hatton
            Tyson
            Calzaghe
            Morales
            Cotto
            Mayorga
            Winky
            Hopkins
            Ishida
            Huck
            Golata
            Freitas

If you give an honest effort as a fighter, then I will be a fan...

Comment

Originally posted by nerd slapper View Post
              If you think America is still on top of the boxing world then it's surely rooted in nationalism... Because that's just not the case.

Historically it was but that was because it was one of the handful of countries (and by far the largest of them) that even had a pro boxing infrastructure. That's like saying historically Americans ruled the MLB.
              I'm not going to argue your claims, however, I will argue that boxing in America is all about defense. And as we know it, defense wins championships no matter the sport. Meanwhile, other countries focus more on the offensive aspect of the sport and being able to take an accumulation of punches without a sweat. One style is smarter than the other. I'll let you pick which is which.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                Like the poster who supports one of the worst boxing commentators, namely Max Kellerman, because that poster is from the same ethnic group as Kellerman?
                What's wrong with Max Kellerman? Aside from being relatively new to the sport compared to the other guys, I don't see any faults in his regimine.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                  Like the poster who supports one of the worst boxing commentators, namely Max Kellerman, because that poster is from the same ethnic group as Kellerman?
                  I'm not white nor ***ish.

Try again.

You're just upset you have a high school education and can't understand the words Max says.
                  Last edited by Tay Roc; 04-24-2015, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Nothing wrong with supporting your own at all. Just don't like the Racism and Ignorance it brings out of some people to the point in which they can't even give credit to those that are not their color or from their part of the world

I have respect for ALL FIGHTERS regardless of their style or what ever and I always trying to discuss boxing with out being bias but you're right it is really not many if any on this forum any more that can do it without getting into the childish exchange and without responding to the TROLLS who come and disrupt a great conversation about boxing just for the attention

I'm American, yes I root for American Fighters...DURING THE OLYMPICS but as for Pro Boxing, Nationalism is not Required. Despite being American I'm a HUGE FAN of Cuban Boxers because I think they're trained Properly when it comes to being taught true BOXING SKILLS so I like Rigondeaux, Lara and most of the Cuban Fighters. I like and Prefer Skilled Boxing but I try to be respectful of ALL STYLES!
                    Good Post Dude

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
                      Seems like this forum is majority pro-black, pro-mexican, pro-Puerto Rican, etc. You have posters who claim they are not but sure enough you see them defending anything that involves their race. Am I the only one who doesn't support their own race and actually love the sport of boxing? Let's have a legit discussion and not make this a race vs race thread please.
                      Thats BS not all of us I can't stand:

B-Hop, Broner, Ward............

Comment

Working...
                      X