Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any real boxing fans on here that aren't race supporters or am I the only one?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a white French guy from Quebec. If I only supported my own, the last fighter I would be able to have been a fan of would have been Eric Lucas - who happened to be a friend of mine when he was Canadian Champ. I cheer for the fighters I feel give their all and who respect the sport, their opponents and the fans. I have no time for ignorant fighters who have no respect for the sport, their opponents or the fans.

I don't care what their skin colour is, what country they come from, what their religious beliefs are or what consenting adult(s)they take into their bed. I happen to live my life the same way in all aspects. As long as you don't come knocking on my door trying to sell me on your beliefs, we will get along fine.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
      i hate some of these racist posters like brushmyhair and prettyboy etc. They bring the forum down
      Lmao.

Wonder If this will get any replies from those said names.

Comment

Why would you even notice all of that rubbish? Just come here and talk boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Why would you even notice all of that rubbish? Just come here and talk boxing.
          It's very hard not to notice, maybe its not as bad here but when you venture onto the Youtube comment section and just in general Youtube users who put out videos you watch a lot of them and you see the complete bias and loyalties they seem to have.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            im pro-excitement...dont care where they're from
            This pretty much, I gravitate towards power punchers with good handspeed.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post

thats racist bro, i detect a joyfull tone when i read that. not calling anyone out doe, just sayin.
              Nothing subliminal one of my favorite idols is Nelson Mandela, my favorite Baptist preacher is Dr. R.L. White and right now I'm currently building a daycare in East Oakland where it's nothing but black folks

Comment

Yeah I am a lil biased toward white fighters which is a natural result of tribalism which is natural for human beings... self righteous folk like to call it "racism". But black fans are definitely the most openly biased toward their race of them all. Since I come on here though I've noticed it's universal, Ricans, Mexicans and Argentines are all ardent backers of their people.

It's natural doe but you shouldn't just shun and dismiss certain fighters because of their race.

Comment

It's only natural that people tend to gravitate towards those who look the most like them. My issue is that it's only a cause for concern when a certain demographic does it. Another thing is when people accuse you of only liking boxers of a certain background even though you're rooting for your countryman.

This happens a lot for American boxing fans. It just so happens the majority of highly skilled American boxers are African American. So when people as me who I am a fan of, they give me looks when I tell them Ward, Floyd, BHop, Broner and so on.

Comment

I don't judge boxers on the color of their skin/place of birth/anything other than the content of their boxing. Nobody is perfect, everyone has problems at the end of the day the only thing that matters when they're in the ring is their boxing ability.

But people are going to do what they want to do and support who they want to support.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                      Yeah I am a lil biased toward white fighters which is a natural result of tribalism which is natural for human beings... self righteous folk like to call it "racism". But black fans are definitely the most openly biased toward their race of them all. Since I come on here though I've noticed it's universal, Ricans, Mexicans and Argentines are all ardent backers of their people.

It's natural doe but you shouldn't just shun and dismiss certain fighters because of their race.
                      Care to elaborate? I've lurked around this place for a couple of weeks and haven't really noticed it. Perhaps it's the opposite, and you only take offense when black boxing fans appreciate their fellow black boxers. People tend to feel more intimidated by it more so than when people of other backgrounds band together and support their own.

Comment

Working...
                      X