Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Lucas Matthysse ruin Danny Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i vote yes just to annoy, but it's true that danny has struggled before. but is funny how his fans where saying that he ruined lucas before.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
      I don't think he ruined him, but Garcia has certainly regressed since the Matthysse fight. Take away the lop-sided Salka fight, and you have two unimpressive performances against Mo Herrera and Lamont Peterson.
      He has not regressed...Herrera and Peterson just used movement

Comment

danny wants you to trade shots so he can land the garsh.

khan was faster than danny, but he was willing to trade.

harrera moves very well. so does peterson.

salka literally asked danny to hit him with the second garsh.

garcia isn't ruined. when a fighter is ruined, you look at his reflexes, confidence, legs, and chin. garcia still has good timing. he still takes punches well. his footwork isn't worse than it used to be, and neither are his legs when he's fatigued or taking shots.

it's mostly due to styles that garcia isn't looking as good as he did vs matthysse. he doesn't do well against guys that can move. he needs to get close to the middle distance to land the left hook, and doesn't have hte footspeed [or the jab,] to force a moving fighter to do that consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post

bingo.

styles make fights. peterson gets blown out of the water against matthysse, who has decent footspeed and one of the best left hooks on the move in boxing. he arguably wins more rounds against garcia because he knows how to use the ring, or fight all the way inside.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            Yes he has Larry. Watch the accumulative effect punches have on his focus since that fight. Anyone who comes out of a fight deaf and p***ing blood for week is never going to be top line again.

Herrera and Salka were laughable wins, but matthysse's leftovers beat the ***** out of Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady96 View Post
              Might have been Lucas, might have been Herrera. I think it was Salka tbh
              The "system" doesn't allow me to send you green k...

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                i don't see how he could have. he landed a few big shots but not enough to ruin a fighter, and garcia doesn't appear to have physically declined anyway. and psychologically that victory should have had garcia feeling on top of the world.
                ... The fact is that "psychologically" Danny didn't win that fight -- he won it by accident (I mean "the eye accident"). And Danny knows it. Ask his father -- he told how his son felt afterwards... "Lucas Matthysse had my son peeing blood!"
                (http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=629558 )

Comment

**waits for daggum to sniff thread out and say that Garcia only beat Matthysse because put he put Goya hot sauce on his extra thumb**

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    danny wants you to trade shots so he can land the garsh.

khan was faster than danny, but he was willing to trade.

harrera moves very well. so does peterson.

salka literally asked danny to hit him with the second garsh.

Comment

Danny was never good to begin with. He's an average fighter (as Emanuel Stewart called him) who took a shot and it turn out very good for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X