Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Lucas Matthysse ruin Danny Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Lucas Matthysse ruin Danny Garcia?

Or is Haymon's clueless match-making the reason Danny has looked so bad since they fought?
    Yes, Lucas took something out of him
    65.85%
    No, Haymon is a bad match-maker
    19.51%
    Both
    14.63%

I think is a combination of both with a dash of danny garcia aint even that good to begin with.

Comment

Might have been Lucas, might have been Herrera. I think it was Salka tbh

Comment

Garcia has always struggled against boxers. He struggled against ancient Morales, Khan, and Judah.

Comment

i don't see how he could have. he landed a few big shots but not enough to ruin a fighter, and garcia doesn't appear to have physically declined anyway. and psychologically that victory should have had garcia feeling on top of the world.

Comment

Danny struggled with fighters before Matthysse too, he is like Carl Froch in that respect, very few easy nights.

Like Froch, you have to respect the run though, whether you thought he won or lost the fights.

Campbell, Holt, Morales, Khan, Judah, Matthysse, Herrera, Peterson at 27 years old
            Last edited by Weebler I; 04-20-2015, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I don't think he ruined him, but Garcia has certainly regressed since the Matthysse fight. Take away the lop-sided Salka fight, and you have two unimpressive performances against Mo Herrera and Lamont Peterson.

Comment

People have just started to catch onto his style and figure out ways to counter it.

Comment

No he just can't deal with movement

Comment

Nah, Garcia just doesn't have that many tools in his arsenal and isn't wildly skilled.

Comment

Working...
                    X