Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Lucas Matthysse ruin Danny Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When have you seen Garcia in an easy fight? Even while he was coming up, his fights never looked pretty. Hes always going to be in tough fights because hes limited, hes just good at alot of little things as opposed to being special in 1 or 2 areas.

Comment

no he's matched up bad......put him in there with matthysse and danny would beat the crap outta him again.

Comment

Well I don't know if it's true OP, but seeing his performances after the fight it may be possible, while just a year ago I would laugh at that idea. I'm a Matthysse fan, but I admire(d) Garcia's skills too, after the fight I tought that Lucas was a bit overrated and his closed eye played no part in his defeat, that it was all because Garcia just simply started to box smarter in the second half. But seeing their both performances since, I'm starting to really believe that Lucas would destroy him in a rematch and that he would have won the first one with both eyes. So, I'm not so sure if it's the case, but after his recent performances I wouldn't laugh no more at the tought that Matthysse ruined him.
        Last edited by StefanTosic; 04-20-2015, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrP4P View Post
          hes just good at alot of little things as opposed to being special in 1 or 2 areas.
          This may be true... I always tought he's a well rounded fighter and knows to do everything. I don't know if he don't excell at anything or if he's lazy... OR if he just throw the game plan out the window at every fight. The last good time I've seen him boxing smart was the second half of Matthysse fight and than I tought it was a brilliant decision, but now I'm starting to really ask myself if it was only because of Matthysse's eye... [biggie]It was all a dream...[/biggie]
          Last edited by StefanTosic; 04-20-2015, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Of course, Lucas took Danny's soul. Danny had to revert to roughhouse tactics in order to squeak out a decision win; holding, low blows, you name it. Even with 1 eye, Lucas was still in it, was dominating first 6 rounds. Danny is hyped, has looked like **** against C/B level opposition. Danny will continue to duck the #1 guy at 140, Matthysse.

Comment

I just think Garcia has a problem with boxers. He practically requires you to stand toe to toe and slug with him. Which is exactly what Matthysse did in the their fight. If Matthysse fought him the way he fought Provodnikov I think Garcia would be in trouble.

Comment

Lucas favors the way Danny fights. It is evident a boxer will always will give him problems. It is time for Danny to get a new trainer

Comment

"And Danny took something out of Matthysse. He's clearly not the same. He got dropped by Molina. He has no chin anymore."

Comment

"Danny has problems with boxers."

So what happened in the second half of the Peterson fight when PetersoN wanted to slug it out?

Garcia has way more problems than just boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by StefanTosic View Post
                      This may be true... I always tought he's a well rounded fighter and knows to do everything. I don't know if he don't excell at anything or if he's lazy... OR if he just throw the game plan out the window at every fight. The last good time I've seen him boxing smart was the second half of Matthysse fight and than I tought it was a brilliant decision, but now I'm starting to really ask myself if it was only because of Matthysse's eye... [biggie]It was all a dream...[/biggie]
                      "Boxing smart" ?

No, it was just easier to avoid shots from a fighter who had 1 eye and ****ed up depth perception. Low blowing isnt smart boxing either.

Comment

Working...
                      X