Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was it you seen from Lee and Quillen that makes you think GGG wrecks both?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    No matter what the outcome was this passed weekend, I knew Monday everyone was going to write how Lee and Quillen would be easy work for GGG. I think on paper and from what I seen, both would be GGG's toughest opponent to date, both can crack and GGG's there to be hit.

With that said, what makes Lee and Quillen easy work for GGG in your opinion? Which one of the 2 is a stiffer test?
    Both Geale and Murray are more accomplished than Lee and Quillin but yeah, they carry more power so there's that danger. But Lee has a pretty weak chin although he recovers well and Quillin is slow, plods forwards and throws 5 punches every 10 rounds.

GGG stops Lee and badly hurts Quillin. Heck Cotto beats both.

Comment

Originally posted by heatman View Post
      On the internet GGG wins every virtual fight by KO

I think he beats both Lee & Qullin tho. He'd probably do to Lee what Chavez did to him. Quillin's not that good, GGG would eventually get to him.

But both guys (esp Quillin) have enough skill to possibly create some openings and really test GGG's chin. But then again neither's power was enough to knock the other out so GGG could probably take their power. Lee's boxing ability, southpaw stance and counter punching could also take GGG a little while to figure out.

And yea, I agree, both guys would be his toughest test to date (altho I think has a good chance at beating Quillin & Lee h2h )
      That's because he's won nearly EVERY fight in REAL LIFE by KO... Do we make up his knockouts or something? As for the topic, it's what they don't do that GGG kicks their ass. Neither one throws punches, you aren't beating GGG like that.

Comment

There's no question GGG is the better fighter. He has more of an offensive arsenal, better amateur background, and big punching power. However this is boxing and Quillin and Lee are both counter punchers. And in a fight anything can happen. Quillin is so huge if he lands that right hand on GGG the fight could be over. Same goes for Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Quillin almost lost to Rosado, one of the lesser names on Golovkin's resume. If not for an awful stoppage saving him, he might have lost to Rosado.
          IDK about almost losing to Rosado, I think the people that think Rosado couldve beat Quillen are just Quillen haters or Rosado lovers. I think if you watch the fight over, Rosado was outclassed and hurt. Its sorta like saying Salido was going to beat Mikey, sure he was coming on but its a 12rd fight, when the bell rings protect yourself at all times and fight because you never know what could happen.

Comment

golovkin is in a higher class then lee/quil.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
              That's because he's won nearly EVERY fight in REAL LIFE by KO... Do we make up his knockouts or something? As for the topic, it's what they don't do that GGG kicks their ass. Neither one throws punches, you aren't beating GGG like that.
              I think its easier to land on GGG but I think you are right, both would have to throw a significantly higher amount of punches than their accustomed to, to have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                IDK about almost losing to Rosado, I think the people that think Rosado couldve beat Quillen are just Quillen haters or Rosado lovers. I think if you watch the fight over, Rosado was outclassed and hurt. Its sorta like saying Salido was going to beat Mikey, sure he was coming on but its a 12rd fight, when the bell rings protect yourself at all times and fight because you never know what could happen.
                It was almost dead even, perhaps dead even going into the championship rounds. Rosado had the momentum. Then it was stopped because of a stupid cut that wasn't anywhere near enough to stop the fight.

Rosado most certainly would have been robbed, but that fight was there for him to win.

Comment

GGG will ko both of them. Quillin survives a little longer as he has decent defensive skills.

Comment

Honestly, I don't think either of them could get past Murray (the pre-Golovkin version, anyway).
                    If Lee had been in with Genna that night, he wouldn't have survived the early rounds. Quillin showed he had some power and accuracy, so that makes for an interesting fight, but Lee was rocking him with shots that didn't seem that hard. Furthermore, to be even a little successful against Golovkin you can't have one ounce of fear, otherwise it's over before the opening bell. Quillin seemed a bit shy about throwing punches, and that would spell his doom against Golovkin. Gennady will cut off the ring, trap him in a corner, and go to work.

But therein lies the intrigue of 168. When Genna is the much smaller man, his opponents may have more confidence. And that's what I want. That's why I loved watching the Murray fight. I think Gennady is the fúckin goods and I want to see him tested. I want to see him dig deep and beat a bigger man with his skills, power, and relentless attack.
                    More importantly, I want Gennady to beat Andre Ward, and I believe he can do it.

Comment

Both have questionable punch resistance, Golovkin does not.

They both have a puncher's chance though.

Comment

Working...
                      X