No announcement yet.

Let's talk Garcia's Resume...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    Garcia cleaned out his division and is the man at 140 look at his resume since 2011 :

Beat former Champs ( Holt & Campbell ) Beat legend Moreales to get his belt and in the rematch sent him into retirement. decisively beat his biggest threats in their prime ( Khan & Lucas ) Beat the other top dog still near His prime ( Lamont ) and the rest of his resume during that time is W's over Zab ( 5x Champ ) Hererea ( The People's Champ ) & Salka ( Fight was a joke but Ithink it was made more so for Haymon to stick it to Osacar)

I can't think of a fighter under the age of 30 with a better resume and he's earned his spot.

I'm not saying he's the heir appearent to greatness and think he faces a uphill battle at 147 but all he does is win he deserves more credit then he gets or maybe all the hate he gets is proof he is the cream of the new generation.
    Broner would be another nice little touch I really wished Maidana didn't spoil that ... Also I'd like to see him in there against Maidana I think that fight suits him a little better than the Peterson fight and given his two last performances he's probably walking in a dog... That's when Garcia is at his best IMO

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
      It would take me too long to explain it and it doesn't matter enough... Trout a legit win was solid on Canelo resume but I don't think will age well. Lara ... If I'm going to count Herrera for Garcia than Lara should be counted for Canelo... And no going up against the best in the world and getting absolutely schooled does nothing for your resume... That being said Garcia has the much more solid resume.

And as far as Mares is concerned I'd say he's got a better claim than Canelo but still ... No. He was never considered the best in any division he was in.. Danny clearly is and that's because of who he has beaten to get there.
      Trout was ranked 2nd and undefeated when canloe beat him. Lara was also considered 2nd/3rd in the division.

All of the best fighters at 140 moved up to 147. Bradley, Alexander, etc.

Comment

Danny def has a solid resume.. Beating khan, lucas and Peterson is pretty impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Danny def has a solid resume.. Beating khan, lucas and Peterson is pretty impressive
          Danny ranked #1 at 140 has beaten 3 of the current ranked top 5 guys at 140 in Peterson,Mathysse,and Hererra. If Khan was still at 40 that would be 4 of the top 5. That alone squashes Canelo's resume. The kid wiped out his division. Canelo still has unfinished business Floyd,Andrade, the Charlo's etc...

Comment

He has an excellent resume at 140 much better than Cotto ever had.

Comment

I can see why Garcia would get some hate but dude has beaten some decent guys. Not great but decent. He was suppose to lose to Khan and Matthysse, yet he proved us wrong. We can at least give him gredit for those.

Comment

Danny has a good resume. Khan and Matthysse are his best wins in my opinion.

He is a solid fighter but he is not great in any area, and this is why some if not most of his fights are close (Theophane, Judah, Matthysse, Herrera, Peterson). Danny is not a special or dominant fighter. He does not belong in a P4P list, and never did. Even his most hardcore fans should be able to acknowledge that.

The hate he is getting is ridiculous though. It seems any of his close bouts is going to be called a robbery until he finally loses.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
                  Danny has a good resume. Khan and Matthysse are his best wins in my opinion.

He is a solid fighter but he is not great in any area, and this is why some if not most of his fights are close (Theophane, Judah, Matthysse, Herrera, Peterson). Danny is not a special or dominant fighter. He does not belong in a P4P list, and never did. Even his most hardcore fans should be able to acknowledge that.

The hate he is getting is ridiculous though. It seems any of his close bouts is going to be called a robbery until he finally loses.
                  He does belong on the list because at some point overall accomplishment trumps performance.He has fought and beat a steady stream of elite fighters for the past three years now,which is more than you could say about Rigo or Wladimir during that same time span.

Comment

The most impressive thing about Garcia's record is his age, he's only just turned 27.

It might all go wrong from this point however, 147 will be a tough place to compete for him.

Comment

he does have a good resume

Comment

Working...
                      X