Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia Edges Peterson, Majority Nod at Barclays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great win by Lamont although he didn't get the official decision. He was figuring out Garcia and timing him in the first half of the fight. The 2nd half he outboxed him and then was walking him down the championship rounds

Garcia got his ass kicked.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
      I hope Peterson get a rematch
      He will have to get behind Matthyse and Herrera, who Danny also squeaked past

Rematch ain't happening. Lamont toyed with Danny. Al will shut it down.

Comment

• Might be time to Demote his Pops and get a Real Trainer...I like Angel Garcia he is funny and entertaining but he is Questionable as a Trainer especially when it comes to Strategies and Gameplans

His son seems to be getting WORSE under him instead of improving. I still like Danny potential but he is declining instead of improving. Best he looked was vs a Older Judah and even in that fight the second half of the fight Judah like Peterson took over down the stretch of that fight

Peterson SIZE not only allowed him to take Danny Punches well but also allowed him to push Danny Around and dominate him inside. This is why Danny doesn't need to move up in weight IMO! He is not quick enough or fast enough to make up for his Short Reach like Pacquiao and others.

He been outboxed 3 Times now IMO: Ashley Theophane, Herrera and now Peterson and yes if Khan was beating him to the punch as well before Danny caught him

Comment

• Originally posted by John Locke View Post
          Fanny got outboxed, outworked, completely dominated and embarrassed.

Peterson too much of a man for that fairy.
          How on earth lamont "dominated " when he did NOTHINGGGG the first 6 rounds?? Lol u obviously just dont like danny

Comment

• Danny Garcia needs a new Trainer !! Lamont is a all around fighter! Danny isn't a Bum by a long shot! Danny vs NO NO Dan

Comment

• All that running early did Peterson in. It's that simple. And all through the fight, Garcia was steadily landing body shots and combos. He did get outworked the last 3 rounds by Peterson, but that was too little too late. Both at 47 would really tell the story. Wouldn't mind a rematch.

And a rematch for the first fight too. But please NBC, find some actual TALENTED commentators. Geez, this crew they have now is so lame it's embarrassing. Especially Leonard and Flores.... the toilet twins.
              SMH

Comment

• Originally posted by Holliday View Post
                Still salty about you're hero mathysse losing to a one dimensional fighter huh?
                Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                as long as Swift beat Matthysse.....that's all that matters to me!!
                He actually beat Matthysse. If he was gifted a decision then you two would have a legit argument.
                Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                when it comes to boxing bro, Peterson should have pressed the fight early. Garcia CLEARLY WON rounds early which took him to the decision later on. You can't win round running/feinting/dancing/falling and not boxing bro. 6 rounds in Garcia was up 5-1. Petersons corner are a bunch of clowns, Peterson would do better fighting in the Olympics of that early garbage.

He could have stopped Garcia instead he wanted an 80's DC breakers crew though down. I though they were going to stat playing Whodini or Grand master flash up in that b*tch.
                You cant say that. Garcia is strong and has power early on. Peterson could had met the same fate as he did vs Matthysse. I think he was able to walk Garcia down and toy with him thanks to his strategy early on. Garcia is notorious for struggling vs boxers and fading in his fights and they knew it. If you let him fade and lose the steam in his punches then he has nothing. Why? Cause he can't box or move his head if his life depended on it.

Comment

• wow-peterson whooped danny gift garcia what a ridiculous decision.a ****ing joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTC JOHNNY View Post
                    Danny Garcia needs a new Trainer !! Lamont is a all around fighter! Danny isn't a Bum by a long shot! Danny vs NO NO Dan
                    Coming this November on PBC.

Comment

• Originally posted by TMTForever View Post
                      my sentiments exactly wehat was peterson thnking fighting like that. peterson showed he could walk danny down in the 9th round should have did that the entire fight and he would of won.
                      Peterson should stick with his passion...

Last edited by Dudley; 04-11-2015, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X