Pacquiao's Greatest Fights: Path of an All-Time Great Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    biatch, i quoted what you wrote.

tell us again about water and muscle weight, truck.

tell us the difference between 147 pac at LW and 147 pac at WW.
    The difference? Not gaining 15lbs overnight. I'm pretty fit so maybe I can't relate but I can imagine that makes a huge difference. Oh boy, you're about to get drowned. Proceed.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      I think Floyd's run from 2009 - present was huge, in terms of him surpassing Pacquiao. I just couldn't rank him higher pre-2009, although he was a better boxer using my eyeball test

Personally their was never a point where I rated Pacquaio over him, never saw how he could beat Mayweather, and before 2010 their top wins were

Pac: JMM, MAB, Morales, Cotto, and Hatton

Mayweather: Castillo, DLH, Hatton, Corrales, and Genaro Hernandez

Their resumes were close but what gave Mayweather the edge is he fought guys coming off career defining wins....Manny fought Cotto after looking sluggish and getting stopped the first time, Hatton had took a tko loss and looked average againt unranked Lazcano and Paulie, Morales had lost to Zahir Raheem before their rematch at 135 and they refused the fight to be over 130 knowing el terrible couldn't make weight

this was my logic before Mayweather came back in 2009

How can a fighter who was outboxed by Erik Morales be fighter of the decade? past prime Morales at that...

Even to this day he holds not 1 clear win over Juan Manuel Marquez.

Also I just could never imagine PBF dropping someone 3 times, letting them comeback in the fight and getting a draw....that accolade was based off popularity in my book

I ranked him higher because outside of 1 fight, Castillo 1, he clearly beat everyone he faced.

Also the debate over resume started when Manny started fighting Mayweathers left overs DLH, and Hatton

Comment

• Now his most recent fight, vs torn rotator cuff. KO'ed it with swimming, saltwater and Jesus.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          Personally their was never a point where I rated Pacquaio over him, never saw how he could beat Mayweather, and before 2010 their top wins were

Pac: JMM, MAB, Morales, Cotto, and Hatton

Mayweather: Castillo, DLH, Hatton, Corrales, and Genaro Hernandez

Their resumes were close but what gave Mayweather the edge is he fought guys coming off career defining wins....Manny fought Cotto after looking sluggish and getting stopped the first time, Hatton had took a tko loss and looked average againt unranked Lazcano and Paulie, Morales had lost to Zahir Raheem before their rematch at 135 and they refused the fight to be over 130 knowing el terrible couldn't make weight

this was my logic before Mayweather came back in 2009

How can a fighter who was outboxed by Erik Morales be fighter of the decade? past prime Morales at that...

Even to this day he holds not 1 clear win over Juan Manuel Marquez.

Also I just could never imagine PBF dropping someone 3 times, letting them comeback in the fight and getting a draw....that accolade was based off popularity in my book

I ranked him higher because outside of 1 fight, Castillo 1, he clearly beat everyone he faced.

Also the debate over resume started when Manny started fighting Mayweathers left overs DLH, and Hatton
          Yeah I don't rate the Morales wins very highly. But to me the Barrera win is pretty damn impressive, as well as the Cotto win. Not to mention a slew of other solid wins.

In retrospect you could make a strong case for Mayweather pre-2009 but Pacquiao's wins, combined with his performances, gave him the edge IMO. Today though, Mayweather is clearly far and away the higher rated fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            With boxing being shown on free television now, it will be easier to recognize the true champ in each division.....what ever came out of those meetings the "Big 3" had earlier this year.
            True... What I DO like about PBC is that they don't announce "WBA WBC etc" champ...

they just say the weight & champ... which is good...

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Now his most recent fight, vs torn rotator cuff. KO'ed it with swimming, saltwater and Jesus.
              So what does that make him now a 35 time world champion?

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                So what does that make him now a 35 time world champion?
                I just died :*******: but I like your style had me str8 up rolling

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  True... What I DO like about PBC is that they don't announce "WBA WBC etc" champ...

they just say the weight & champ... which is good...
                  Not really, considering none of the guys on their shows apart from Garcia, is the leading champ in a division. I cringed when the Dirrell's were announced as "the smw champion of the world".

Comment

• And TS, great stuff here, very detailed.

It's hard to believe Pacquiao has been a world champion for most of his adult life and beaten some of the absolute best guys around. It's a shame we didn't get Pac v May when both guys were at their best or Pacquiao v JMM V or ...well that's about it, Pacquiao has literally faced everyone he was supposed and done it multiple times in some cases.

Comment

• Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post
                      Because he won 32 championship fights.

****sexuality is legal in america now so technically you're not wrong for being a flomo
                      32 time World Champion????

Last edited by Calabis; 08-12-2015, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X