No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Matthysse Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    It was a close fight, but you could see a victory for Swift without having to score it.

I would love a rematch down the line if it presents itself well otherwise it'd just be a quick score to settle and I doubt Haymon is looking down that line for Swift right now. A second victory over The Machine would be great considering everyone thought Danny would literally die in the ring that night.
    ah yes the classic underdog effect. when people give more credit to a fighter just because he's the underdog. a very close and controversial win because of a blown call by the ref becomes utter domination. the ref messing up doesn't even matter because garcia was supposed to be ko'd in 3 rounds. heard that a million times.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
      There's no moral victories in sports. Winners won, and losers lost. A close loss is still a loss, a badly ref'd fight is still a fight, and a close win is a still a win. You don't get points for style or by the margin of the victory, the fact is you did what you had to do to win.

It's okay to point out what you saw in the fight and talk detailed boxing, but Garcia won and was the better fighter that night. He got clobbered and ate everything Matthysse threw at him. And Matthysse broke down slowly but surely. That's the fight in a nutshell from an objective POV.
      Agree with you up until that point. Matthysse was dropping rounds but he never caved in despite taking multiple flush left hands on that grotesque swelling and was still throwing bombs in the last round.

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
      Matts couldn't hurt Danny and Danny was able to hurt Matts. That's what happened. Danny's a very strong kid. You hve to be slick like Harrera to beat him.
      I don't remember that unless you're talking about the eye swelling.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
        I didn't see much of a problem with the fight. Lucas was suppose to blast out Garcia according to everyone. The machine, the terminator, blah blah. Well he didn't and people still trying to figure out how that happened.

Honestly, Danny gave him a boxing lesson as far as I'm concerned and showed when power isn't fully involved in a Lucas fight, Lucas don't got much else going for him to pull it off.

I give Danny respect for the fight because he didn't need to face Lucas who was pretty damn dangerous at the time and still is. He took him on, did what he had to, fight is over. Sure, it wasn't as entertaining as a lot of us thought it would be, but it's a good win for Danny none the less.
        +1 Garcia clearly won. He's simply the better fighter.

Comment

Here we go......

Comment

What I like about boxing is that everyone has different opinions and I respect that. I'm glad people are being more upfront and acknowledging that it was a "clear" victory but a very close fight. Certainly not a "whooping or schooling" and there would be no harm in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Come on Man... View Post
              +1 Garcia clearly won. He's simply the better fighter.
              how is he the better fighter? he should have lost 6 rounds but the ref messed up and gave him a knockdown in a round he was dominated. 6 rounds each equals no one is clearly better. he also should have had more points deducted but once again the ref ignored countless low blows. oh yeah and half the fight he was fighting a guy with one eye so i'm not sure how you can say he's the better fighter if he only fought on even terms with a half-blind man. the more fortunate fighter sure but better?
              Last edited by daggum; 04-07-2015, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                I didn't see much of a problem with the fight. Lucas was suppose to blast out Garcia according to everyone. The machine, the terminator, blah blah. Well he didn't and people still trying to figure out how that happened.

Honestly, Danny gave him a boxing lesson as far as I'm concerned and showed when power isn't fully involved in a Lucas fight, Lucas don't got much else going for him to pull it off.

I give Danny respect for the fight because he didn't need to face Lucas who was pretty damn dangerous at the time and still is. He took him on, did what he had to, fight is over. Sure, it wasn't as entertaining as a lot of us thought it would be, but it's a good win for Danny none the less.

Originally posted by StopCrying... View Post
                No way man. I just came across this. Seems like he has them in groups now. I say he is the real thing man. Not sure how he does it but, he has some mind control type thing going on.

Look at this fool bragging about females on a dating SITE. FFS even William Hung can get hoes on a dating site. I knew you were sorry as hell going thru all the trouble of making countless accounts but not this sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                  Great insight. I agred with your assessment of the fight. Danny won, but to ignore the bad reffing, and bullsh.it kd shows a lack of intelligence or a blind loyalty to the Philli-rat.
                  Yes or no you said Danny would get KTFO?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    ah yes the classic underdog effect. when people give more credit to a fighter just because he's the underdog. a very close and controversial win because of a blown call by the ref becomes utter domination. the ref messing up doesn't even matter because garcia was supposed to be ko'd in 3 rounds. heard that a million times.
                    Aka "The Herrerra Effect"

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post

Look at this fool bragging about females on a dating SITE. FFS even William Hung can get hoes on a dating site. I knew you were sorry as hell going thru all the trouble of making countless accounts but not this sorry.
                      No way man, sorry would be a lonely poser trying to act like he is too cool to bag chicks online. A wise man like PC, plays ALL venues. From the streets to the interweb, the man has it down to a science. I have heard stories about the guy ****ing 3-4 girls in the same day. Don't limit yourself and read his book.

Last edited by StopCrying...; 04-07-2015, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X