No announcement yet.

Official Andy Lee vs. Peter Quillin Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
    Its so ironic Quillin avoided Korobov only to eventually land Lee, who in his own right may be more dangerous for Quillin.
    Quillin didnt avoid Korobov, Haymon didnt want him fighting for a Roc Nation promoted fight who won the purse bid

Comment

Quillins inactivity, Lee adding new tools under Booth, I don't recall Quillin ever fighting anyone his own size let alone bigger or with anywhere near the power.
      Lee tends to struggle with pressure fighters not guys who sit back & look to counter. Korobov & Jackson getting the better of Lee shouldn't be a surprise to anyone they're fast starters and fresh out the amateurs.

Too many factors, it really is a pick em fight for me.

Probably lean towards Lee I think him and Booth are a good fit. Maybe not the best trainer in the world but among the best strategists.

Comment

I think PQ wins a disputed MD.

Comment

I give Lee a lot of credit for being able to come back and score KO's two fights in a row when he was losing the fight. Korbov was winning every single round before he got caught and had to say good night. Korobov is the better boxer and would beatr Lee nine times out of ten. This is where it all ends.....Quillin will hurt Lee badly and knock him out.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Quillins inactivity, Lee adding new tools under Booth, I don't recall Quillin ever fighting anyone his own size let alone bigger or with anywhere near the power.
            Lee tends to struggle with pressure fighters not guys who sit back & look to counter. Korobov & Jackson getting the better of Lee shouldn't be a surprise to anyone they're fast starters and fresh out the amateurs.

Too many factors, it really is a pick em fight for me.

Probably lean towards Lee I think him and Booth are a good fit. Maybe not the best trainer in the world but among the best strategists.
            Yeah, I feel this is a pick' em fight as well. Many here crapping on the match up are bitter that Haymon was able to create a better show by having Quillin relinquish his belt. I am going for Quillin in this match, but I know that Andy Lee is actually a bonafide threat. The pre-matchup attributes you'd listed gives reason for why I feel Lee can very much win this match against Quillin. However I am betting on Quillin's power and mental fortitude to pull him through. I think this fight will bring out the best in Quillin where it can give a more basic measurement of who he truly is as a fighter.

Lee on another note, is definitely a threat to anyone facing him, especially GGG who was outboxed by a Murray in most of the rounds before he was succumbed to GGG brute strength and lead gloves. Lee has boxing craft that's greater as well as a Tommy Hearns straight whenever he needs to let it go.

Quillin winning this match up should actually put him above GGG in the rankings. GGG should not be on any P4P list at all, he didn't fight Korobov or any of these guys. Willie Monroe Jr.? Please. Even if Monroe Jr. outbox him, he has no power, so the scorecards are already in GGG's favor.

Comment

Originally posted by Brickyardigan View Post
              Yeah, I feel this is a pick' em fight as well. Many here crapping on the match up are bitter that Haymon was able to create a better show by having Quillin relinquish his belt. I am going for Quillin in this match, but I know that Andy Lee is actually a bonafide threat. The pre-matchup attributes you'd listed gives reason for why I feel Lee can very much win this match against Quillin. However I am betting on Quillin's power and mental fortitude to pull him through. I think this fight will bring out the best in Quillin where it can give a more basic measurement of who he truly is as a fighter.

Lee on another note, is definitely a threat to anyone facing him, especially GGG who was outboxed by a Murray in most of the rounds before he was succumbed to GGG brute strength and lead gloves. Lee has boxing craft that's greater as well as a Tommy Hearns straight whenever he needs to let it go.

Quillin winning this match up should actually put him above GGG in the rankings. GGG should not be on any P4P list at all, he didn't fight Korobov or any of these guys. Willie Monroe Jr.? Please. Even if Monroe Jr. outbox him, he has no power, so the scorecards are already in GGG's favor.
              help this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ggg_kz View Post
                help this guy.
                Hahahahah...

Comment

Originally posted by ggg_kz View Post
                  help this guy.
                  He lost me when he mentioned Quillin's mental fortitude.

3 more days and Quillin will be another Andre Berto.

Comment

Maybe it's wishful thinking but I could see a breakout performance for Lee here. he's got the look and the platform to really make a name for himself here. Plus, I think he has the right matchup against a Quillin who is somewhat basic.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Maybe it's wishful thinking but I could see a breakout performance for Lee here. he's got the look and the platform to really make a name for himself here. Plus, I think he has the right matchup against a Quillin who is somewhat basic.
                      Lee winning would be better for the division since he would almost surely fight GGG next in a unification fight. But I think Quillin wins this.

Quillin is in many ways like Broner-he may not be as good as he thinks he is, but he is better than the collective thought of NSB.

Comment

Working...
                      X