Rumor is Stevenson only brought in 1.37M average

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
    these #'s are trash no matter how yall spin it

NFL has games 2 hours before what PBC had and smashed those ratings so stop making excuses about the timeslot
    Are you seriously comparing the most popular sport in America to a niche sport like boxing? Boxing Hasnt been mainstream since the 80s give it time the numbers will go up.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
      Are you seriously comparing the most popular sport in America to a niche sport like boxing? Boxing Hasnt been mainstream since the 80s give it time the numbers will go up.
      Word. This weekends fight will triple this rating.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
        Why do some so-called boxing fans seem to be rooting against PBC?
        Racism and haterism lol if these fights were being put in by Top Rank or Golden Boy it wouldn't be gettin this much hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
          Golovkin does 800K on HBO and people dump all over him. Stevenson pulls in slightly better numbers and all we see are excuses. He should have pulled in 4 million to be comparable to GGG's HBO audience when you take the available viewers into consideration.
          lol

The rumored number is 1.37m. Once the final number is released the Stevenson viewership number will likely have done near double the Golovkin number.

And that's with HBO pushing the heck out of Golovkin, with Stevenson not getting anywhere near that type of push for this CBS fight.

sad way to live, smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 117-111 View Post
            Word. This weekends fight will triple this rating.
            Yep this Saturday is huge two good fights and Garcia/Quillen are bigger names as long as the numbers are higher than the first NBC show then they are on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              lol

The rumored number is 1.37m. Once the final number is released the Stevenson viewership number will likely have done near double the Golovkin number.

And that's with HBO pushing the heck out of Golovkin, with Stevenson not getting anywhere near that type of push for this CBS fight.

sad way to live, smh.
              On the other hand, HBO has people pay for their channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                lol

sad way to live, smh.
                And CBS goes into what? 8-10 times as many homes as HBO? Remember the recent GGG fight on a Saturday afternoon, same time as yesterday's fight, and the reaction around here to the ratings? How people were dumping all over it, claiming that GGG could not draw fans? Considering the number of available viewers for yesterday's fight on CBS was at least 8 times the HBO viewers, should it not have done 8 times the ratings to be considered an equal success? I know that if the situation was reversed and it was GGG on free CBS people would be crapping all over his numbers claiming that he has no fans and using it as a reason for fighters like Cotto and Canelo to continue ducking him.

But for a number of people around here, Haymon is god and nothing he does should be criticized in any way. They consider that to be a capital offense.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
                  Haymon/Mayweather doesnt give him media credentials so he's on a vendetta to get back at them. Arum will talk to him and he doesnt want to strain that relationship and will leave him alone and criticize Haymon for many of the same things Arum does.

He's a total dbag as are most of the idiots he retweets
                  this is why most so-called "writers" these days are nothing more than glorified PR agents for the promoters. They are terrified to write anything critical lest they lose their credentialed status........

Comment

Everybody needs to shut up and let PBC build momentum. You don't develop a brand overnight. I'm having a great time watching the elites fight on basic cable.

Comment

Why people root against the PBC

People are rooting against the PBC because of the bad year Al Haymon gave everyone in 2014 with all those Showtime mismatches. Now Al Haymon has his own platform and can make things right and we are getting Bika vs Stephenson. The fans are not ****** and ratings will speak. It is nice to see Al Haymon's wallet is being affected instead of HBO's and Showtime's and we will see how he will react since he is looking to eventually get a major network to buy his product. I am not rooting against the PBC, I am hoping that these low ratings will lead to more competitive fights being made in the future. There is no reason Leo Santa Cruz should be making 750,000 dollars to fight nobodies and we will see how his fighters start to react when the money is not there and the level of competition is demanded to rise. I also do not like how the PBC is more about their brand than the fighter. This is why guys like GGG and Kovalev bring in ratings and sell tickets while a guy like Stepehnson doesn't. When guys like GGG and Kovalev fight, people are turning in to see the fighter because their promoter has worked to make the fighter a brand. Everyone wants to see these guys knock someone out and hear what they what they will say in the post fight interview. It gets you excited when Kovalev calls out Stephenson or GGG calls out Cotto. The PBC has been all about branding their promotional company and that has taken away from the fighters personality. When commentators can not mention Kovalev during a Stephenson fight or Adrien Broner can not spit his nonsense in a post fight interview how are we supposed to get excited about seeing these guys in the future? I love a lot of fighters on the PBC and I love the idea of getting people back into boxing. I really do want it to do well cause I love the amount of boxing I have been getting lately. I think the card on 4/11 is going to be a step in the right direction but I think people need to see boxing for what it really is. What is a Danny Garcia fight with out Angel Garcia being Angel Garcia? Unfortunately I do not think the casuals will get to see any of that.

Comment

Working...
                      X